Zoom H1n Digital Handy Recorder
Like its predecessor, the black H1n Handy Recorder from Zoom is an easy-to-use, versatile stereo digital audio recorder that fits into the palm of your hand. However, in this iteration, Zoom has incorporated several features to make operation even simpler.
Whereas the Zoom H1 featured a single record button on the front of the recorder and a whole array of buttons along the side designed for play/pause, rewind/fast forward, and diving into menus, the H1n features buttons where you can easily see them, on the front of the recorder. Now you can go from recording to pausing, and from stopping to navigating between tracks, all with your thumb. Also provided are four buttons above the record function that let you change the sample rate and resolution, apply a low-cut filter for mitigating rumble, turn the built-in limiter on and off, and enact auto-level, which automatically sets the gain for you.
The H1n is geared for musicians, journalists, podcasters, and more, recording WAV and MP3 files to meet your professional needs. The H1n has a stereo X/Y microphone configuration that captures a realistic stereo image. The unit records audio to microSD or microSDHC flash memory cards, supporting capacities up to 32GB. The H1n records WAV audio at rates up to 24-bit / 96 kHz, and MP3 audio at rates up to 320 kbps. The pocket-sized device runs on two AAA batteries, providing up to 10 hours of continuous operation.
A 3.5mm mic/line input lets you connect an external microphone or music player, while a 3.5mm headphone/line output lets you connect your favorite headphones or small external speakers. A high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to easily transfer data to your Mac or Windows computer. The unit also functions as an audio interface, allowing you to record directly from the Zoom H1n to your favorite DAW.
- Compact Form Factor
- This tiny recorder slips easily into your pocket or bag for the ultimate in portability
- High-Quality Audio
- The recorder can record WAV (BWF) files at up to 24-bit/96 kHz or MP3 files up to 320 kbps and VBR. Broadcast Wave Format allows you to add track markers to your recording
- X/Y Stereo Mic Configuration
- The X/Y stereo microphone configuration captures crisp, true stereo recordings accurately and realistically
- microSD/SDHC Card Recording
- The H1n records to easily found microSD and microSDHC memory cards with capacities up to 32GB
- Easy to Use
- The simple interface provides 1-button recording and offers physical controls for playback functions, input and volume levels, low-cut filter, and auto-level control, eliminating the need for complicated menus
- Input/Output Options
- A standard 3.5mm mic/line input lets you connect external microphones and sound sources such as MP3 players, while a 3.5mm headphone/line output lets you connect headphones or small external speakers
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- A high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to quickly transfer your audio files to your Mac or Windows computer
- Works as an Audio Interface
- The H1n works as a class-compliant interface with your computer, recording audio at 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rates and 16-bit resolution, straight to your DAW
|Recording Media||microSD/SDHC (class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)|
WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96kHz/24-bit
MP3: 48 to 320 kbps
|Display||Monochrome LCD (96x64) with REC LED (red), 1.25" / 3.2 cm|
Built-In Mic: 90° XY stereo format, 120 dB SPL maximum, -∞ to 39 dB input gain
Mic/Line In: 3.5 mm stereo jack, -∞ to 39 dB input gain, 2 kOhms or higher impedance rating, plug-in power (2.5 V) supported
|Outputs||3.5 mm combined line/headphone stereo jack|
|USB||Micro-USB, USB 2.0 high-speed|
|Interface Operation Mode||USB class compliant, 44.1 / 48 kHz sample rate, 16-bit, 2 x 2 operation, asynchronous transfer|
|Power||2 x AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, or lithium)|
|Recording Time||About 10 hours (alkaline batteries, built-in mic at 44.1 kHz / 16-bit)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||2.0 x 5.4 x 1.3" / 5.0 x 13.8 x 3.2 cm|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email email@example.com.