- PLEASE CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY
Pairing a versatile range of telephoto focal lengths with a fast constant maximum aperture, this 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens from Sigma is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF / Nikon F-mount DSLRs, and provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range. The bright constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications. Complementing the versatile telephoto range is a sophisticated optical design that incorporates three F Low Dispersion elements, one Special Low Dispersion element, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element. This combination of low dispersion designs works to noticeably reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range, as well as deliver a high degree of contrast and clarity. Additionally, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting to benefit working in strong lighting conditions. An unprecedented combination of focal length and speed, this 50-100mm f/1.8 lens offers a variety of favored telephoto perspectives in combination with a flexible maximum aperture.
Complementing the imaging capabilities is a refined physical construction with internal focus and zoom mechanisms to limit the overall length of the lens during use. A Hyper Sonic AF motor affords quick focusing speeds and quiet performance as well as the ability to manually override focus at any time for greater control. Also suiting quick shooting applications, the nine-blade diaphragm has been constructed from fluorine-coated polycarbonate, along with a carbon feather film for exceptionally smooth, controlled performance when photographing at high shooting speeds. Contrasting this, a tripod collar is integrated into the design, too, for greater stability when working atop a tripod or monopod.
As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Spanning a range of short telephoto focal lengths, this 50-100mm lens is designed for Canon EF-mount APS-C-format / Nikon F-mount DX DSLRs, where it provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range.
- Impressively fast f/1.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers increased control over focus when working with selective focus techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion elements and one Special Low Dispersion element markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element controls spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- An inner zoom and inner focus design limits the overall length of the lens during operation for more intuitive, controlled handling as well as faster performance.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- A fixed, rotating tripod collar offers increased stability when working from a tripod and integrates 90° click stops for intuitive switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
50 - 100mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 80 - 160 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||APS-C / DX|
|Aspect Angle of View||31.7° - 16.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.12' (95 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.7|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
Yes Fixed - rotating
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.68 x 6.72" (93.5 x 170.7 mm)|
|Weight||3.28 lb (1490 g)|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000.(T's&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International) Please note:
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email email@example.com.