Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight Flash
These features alone are enough to put it at the top of the speedlight heap, but the SB-5000 doesn't rest and provides a powerful guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm while also shrinking in overall size compared to its predecessors.
Of course, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is fully compatible with Nikon's i-TTL automatic exposure system found in a majority of their cameras for fast, accurate operation. The radio control implemented in the SB-5000 requires a compatible DSLR using the WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller in order to fully realize the power of the system. This enables the camera and flash to wirelessly control up to six groups of flashes from up to 98' away, without requiring any line of sight. Also, the SB-5000 and the radio system are fully compatible with the existing optical triggering method of older units and can even be mixed and matched for maximum versatility.
Designed for reliability as well as versatility, the innovative built-in cooling system of the SB-5000 is a first for shoe-mounted flashes. It vents heat quickly and efficiently, allowing you to fire up to 100 consecutive full power flashes without issue. It also means that the flash can be made smaller without compromising performance. This new design also ensures speedy and intuitive operation, implementing an Info button for fast access to some of your most commonly used settings.
As a standard flash the SB-5000 will not disappoint, providing a wide ranging zoom head of 24-200mm which can be extended down to 14mm with use of the built-in diffusion panel. The head will also tilt from -7 to +90° and rotate left and right 180° for complete bounce capabilities. Full sync mode support is available with slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain options.
The flash has a quick recycle time of 1.8-2.6 seconds and runs on four AA batteries. It can be powered by select external battery packs. A PC terminal can be found on the SB-5000 for further triggering options and it comes with a stand, diffusion dome, fluorescent and incandescent filters, and a soft case.
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting when used with a D5 or D500 DSLR equipped with WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller and WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter
- Radio triggering range of 98' with no line-of-sight requirement and with control over 6 groups of flashes
- Shoe-mount flash cooling system with a heat-shedding design enables over
- 100 bursts at full output without overheating
- Guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm or 180' at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Coverage of 14-24mm in FX when using built-in wide-angle diffusion panel
- Manual power output from 1/1 to 1/256
- Light distribution angle is automatically adjustable to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats with standard, even, and center-weighted options
- Wireless Commander TTL capabilities with both optical and radio trigger options
- Commander Mode to set up optical wireless flashes in 3 groups and in one of 4 channels
- Control and mix optical and radio flashes
- Backlit rear LCD panel
- Customize settings with Unified Flash Control and a personal computer with version 2.23 or later of Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 software installed
- Flash head tilts with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45 °, 60°, 75°, and 90°
- Flash head rotates left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Info button for fast access to commonly adjusted settings
- Works with SK-6 Power Bracket Unit and SD-9 High-Performance Battery Pack
- Flash-ready indicator lights
- Flash duration of 1/980 to 1/30,820 second depending on output setting
AF-assist light, modeling illuminator, monitor pre-flashes, and test firing settings
- Automatic color filter detection for adjusting the camera's color temperature settings
- Firmware can be updated through camera
- Radio Control Advanced Wireless Lighting
- Cooling System for 100 Consecutive Shots
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
- Guide Number: 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm
- Zoom Range: 24-200mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts from -7° to 90°
- Rotates Left & Right 180°
- Info Button for Quick Access to Settings
- Recycle Time: 1.8-2.6 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
113.19' (34.5 m) ISO100 at 35 mm position
180.45' (55 m) ISO100 at 200 mm position
|Exposure Control||Manual, i-TTL|
|Angle of Coverage||
84° - 12°
Wide-Angle Adapter: 114° - 84°
|Vari-Power||1/1 - 1/256|
|Bounce Head||-7° to +90°|
|Coverage||14 mm - 200 mm (Full frame)|
|Zoom Head||Full frame: 24 mm - 200 mm|
|Recycle Time||Approximately 1.8 - 2.6 seconds|
|Flash Duration||1/980 - 1/30820 sec|
|Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
Distance: Up to 98.43' / 30 m
Mode: Commander, Slave
Method: Optical pulse
Distance: Up to 32.81' / 10 m
Mode: Commander, Slave
|Wireless Communication Channels||4 Channels|
|Wireless Groups||6 Groups|
|Power Source||4x AA Alkaline, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.9 x 5.4 x 4.1" / 73.0 x 137.0 x 103.5 mm|
|Weight||14.82 oz / 420 g|
- Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight
- Nikon SW-15H Diffusion Dome for SB-5000 Speedlight
- Nikon AS-22 Speedlight Stand for SB-700 (Replacement)
- Nikon SZ-4FL Fluorescent Filter
- Nikon SZ-4TN Incandescent Filter for SB-5000 AF Speedlight
- Nikon SS-5000 Soft Case for SB-5000 AF Speedlight
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.