The R24 Multi-Track Recorder, Interface, Controller, and Sampler from Zoom unites many different audio tools into a single powerful unit; it's a stand-alone multi-track recorder, and a USB 2.0 computer audio interface/control surface, as well as a battery powered field recorder, mixer, drum machine, and sampler. Whether you're recording musicians, working on an indie film, or taking notes in biology class, you'll always have a use for the Zoom R24.
Using the R24 as a stand-alone recorder could mean many different things to different people. If you're a musician, this means that you can record a full live band and overdub up to 24 tracks (8 simultaneously), without ever touching a computer. If you're a filmmaker, you can record all of your lavalier and shotgun microphones in the field, and mix them to camera as well. If you're a photographer, you can record ambient sounds for use in a slide show presentation, and use the R24 as the playback device at the installation.
Using the R24 as a USB 2.0 audio interface to record into a computer also opens up different possibilities. Musicians can use it to track and mix with their favorite music production program, or use the included Cubase 4 LE software. Filmmakers and photographers can record voice overs and ADR (additional dialog recording) directly into their favorite non-linear editing programs like Final Cut Pro.
The control surface capabilities of the R24 will also benefit NLE users. The dedicated transport controls and jog/shuttle can be used to control the software, allowing the user to be less dependent on their mouse and keyboard. This is a huge benefit for musicians as well. Control surfaces help people focus on their creative work, rather than make them feel like they're checking their email.
With all of the potential uses and creative possibilities the R24 provides, it truly stands in a class of its own. When you factor in its budget-friendly price-tag, it really becomes an incredible option for any aspiring creative person.
- Stand-alone multi-track recorder and mixer, USB 2.0 computer audio interface and control surface
- Powered by the included AC adapter or by 6 AA batteries for up to 4 hours, ideal for field use
- Features built-in stereo condenser microphones, as well as 8 XLR/TRS combo inputs for external mics
- Supports SD cards up to 32GB for over 100 hours of recording time
- Records WAV files at 16 or 24-bit, at 44.1/48kHz sample rates
- 48V phantom power available on 6 channels simultaneously
- Operates on bus power from USB when used as a computer interface/control surface
- Over 100 built-in effects, from guitar amp modeling to mastering effects
- 4-segment LED meter bridge for easy viewing
- Effects can be used when recording in stand-alone mode, or when recording into a computer
- USB port can be used to back-up projects on thumb drives, and can also be used to sync 2 units together for more simultaneous recording tracks
- USB interface supports 8 channels in and 2 channels out at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz. The USB control surface uses Mackie Control emulation
- Full mixing and transport controls, with compatibility for Cubase, Logic, Sonar, and other software
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for creating music
8 x XLR/1/4" TRS Combo Inputs (with Hi-Z input for guitar & bass)
|Outputs||2 x 1/4" TRS Master Outputs
1 x 1/4" Headphone Output
|Digital I/O Options||1 x USB 2.0 Type A Host Port
1 x USB 2.0 Type B Device Port
|Memory Card||1 x SD Card Slot|
|Sampling Frequency||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz|
|Tracks||24 Tracks (Up to 8 Simultaneous Recording)|
|Phantom Power||Yes, Up to 6 Simultaneous Channels|
|Metering||4-Segment Track Meters, LCD Display|
|Effects||Over 100 Built-in Effects|
|Control Protocol||Mackie Control Emulation|
|Power||AC, Battery, or USB Bus Power (6 x AA Batteries, Up to 4 Hours of Operation)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||14.8 x 9.3 x 2" (376 x 237 x 52mm)|
|Weight||2.9 lbs (1.3kg)|
In the BoxZoom R24 Multi-Track Recorder, Interface, Controller, and Sampler
- 1GB SD Card
- 2GB USB Memory Stcik
- USB Cable
- Steinberg Cubase LE Recording Software
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,