The Zoom F8 Multi Track Field Recorder is designed for professional and enthusiast recording applications on set and in the field, such as for music, filmmaking, and electronics news gathering (ENG). Designed to be carried by a shoulder strap or in a bag, the unit features eight analog input channels with lockable XLR/TRS combo jacks that provide +75 dB maximum input gain and support for +4 dB inputs with an EIN of -127 dBu or less. It can record at up to 10 tracks simultaneously (channels 1-8 plus a stereo mix), or up to eight channels when recording at the A/D converter's maximum 24-bit 192 kHz resolution.
Alternatively, you can perform dual channel recording of separate files at lower volume levels to ensure you have backup recordings to use when unexpected loud noises distort the primary recording. A newly designed limiter provides up to 10 dB of headroom. The unit supports SMPTE time code input and output. The included outputs include a powerful 100 mW + 100 mW headphone jacks as well as the MAIN OUT 1/2 and SUB OUT 1/2 jacks so you can send the audio signal to a video camera or other device while monitoring with headphones.
The unit's internal mixing enables flexible routing and the inclusion of individually selectable +24V/+48V phantom power ensures you can use your favorite condenser microphones.
Power to the recorder can be supplied in one of three ways: via AA batteries, an AC adapter, or a 9 to 16V external DC power supply. Two SDXC card slots can be used simultaneously for recording even longer sessions as well as using the card slots as a card reader when connected to a computer via USB.
As a USB interface, the unit can be used in a 2-in/2-out configuration as well as an 8-in/4-out audio interface (driver required for windows). A built-in slate mic allows you to make voice memos and the unit's slate tone can be used to confirm specific levels.
Among the most innovative features of the recorder is support for the company's interchangeable microphone capsules.
- Analog Inputs
- Provides two sets of lockable XLR/TRS combo jacks with EIN of -127 dBu or less, +75 dB maximum input gain and support for +4 dB input
- Audio Resolution
- Records up to 192 kHz at 24-bit resolution
- Simultaneous Recording
- Records up to 10 tracks simultaneously with channels 1-8 and a stereo mix (left and right). Up to eight tracks can be recorded at a sampling rate of 192 kHz
- Dual Channel Recording of Separate Files at Lower Levels
- Records backup recordings at a lower input level to help prevent unexpected loud noises from distorting the recording
- Provides 10 dB of headroom with a threshold that can be set by the user
- Supports SMPTE Timecode I/O
- Uses a high-precision oscillator that enables the generation of accurate time code with a discrepancy of less than 0.2 frames per 24 hours
- Allows you to send the audio signal to a video camera or other device while simultaneously monitoring
- Mixer Functionality
- Allows for inputs 1-8 to be routed to outputs freely
- Phantom Power
- Supports +24V and +48V phantom power
- Three Possible Power Supplies
- Can operate on AA batteries, an AC adaptor, or a 9 to 16 V external DC power supply (not included) with automatic switching between power supplies
- Two SDXC Card Slots
- Allows for recording on 2 SD cards if possible and support for SDXC cards enables recording for even longer than before in addition to using the unit as a card reader by connecting to a computer using USB
- USB Audio Interface Capabilities with up to 8 Ins and 4 Outs
- Allows the unit to be used as a 2-in/2-out audio interface as well as a 8-in/40out audio interface (driver required for Windows, not required for Mac)
- Built-In Microphone
- Works as both a slate mic as well as a tool for voice memos
- Zoom Mic Capsule Functionality
- Supports the company's line of interchangeable mic capsules that can be used instead of inputs 1/2
|Size||25.34 x 14.25mm (Super35)|
|Lens Mount||Active Canon EF Mount|
|Effective Resolution||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Dynamic Range||15 stops|
|Shooting Resolutions||4608 x 2592
4096 x 2304 (4K 16:9)
4608 x 1920 (4K 2.4:1)
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD)
3072 x 2560 (3K Anamorphic)
2048 x 1152 (2K 16:9)
1920 x 1080
|Supported Frame Rates||Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported
Note: Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected
|Dimensions||1 x 10.1" diagonal
2 x 5" diagonal
|Screen Type||10.1": TFT-LCD
5": Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
|Resolution||10.1": 1920 x 1080
5": 800 x 480
|Media Card Slots||2 x CFast 2.0|
|Recording Formats||Lossless CinemaDNG RAW, RAW 3:1 and RAW 4:1 with film dynamic range at 4608 x 2592, 4096 x 2304, 4608 x 1920, 3072 x 2560, and 2048 x 1152
Apple ProRes 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 with either film or video dynamic range
|Data Rates||4608 x 2592
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 - 180 MB/s
CinemaDNG RAW 4:1 - 135 MB/s
3840 x 2160
Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 312.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 444 - 165 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 110 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 - 73.6 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 LT - 51 MB/s
Apple ProRes Proxy - 22.4 MB/s
1920 x 1080
Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 62.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 444 - 41.25 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
Storage rates based on 30 frames per second
|Metadata Support||Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames, and keywords|
|Output||1 x 12G-SDI -- 10-bit 4:2:2
1 x 3G-SDI -- down-converted signal for monitoring
|Input||1 x 12G-SDI|
|Reference||1 x Reference input|
1 x Timecode input
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,