Designed to provide big Hollywood sound on an affordable indie budget, Zoom F4 is a 6-input / 8-track professional field recorder featuring super-low-noise preamps and timecode with pinpoint accuracy. The unit provides recording and playback resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz with impressive audio specs including an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to +75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs. The on-board temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) generates timecode at 0.2 ppm accuracy and supports all standard drop-frame and non-drop formats, as well as jam sync for external devices.
The advanced on-board limiters provide overload protection for all inputs and outputs, which lets you capture audio in a wide range of environments. Limiting can be applied simultaneously at full resolution with 10 dB of headroom and features controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
The F4 offers four combo XLR-1/4" inputs, a 1/8" stereo input, and includes a Zoom mic-capsule input for recording six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix, all at full 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. Additionally, inputs 5/6 can function as a camera return for audio-monitoring only for confidence checks. The dual-SD card slot features simultaneous recording to both cards allowing you to make a backup or split recording with all eight tracks on one card and a stereo mix on the other.
Each of the four XLR-1/4" inputs offers a dedicated preamp with gain control, phantom power, a six-segment LED level meter, plus a Record Ready and PFL switch. In addition to the 1/4" headphone output with a dedicated volume control, the F4 provides two main balanced XLR outputs, as well as two sub outs on a single unbalanced 1/8" stereo mini-jack, enabling easy connection to a camera. All timecode I/O is provided on BNC connectors and the unit includes a variable-frequency slate-tone generator to confirm levels.
The front panel offers an output button, which provides quick access to the unit's outputs, while the option button offers quick access to TC Jam, Trim Link, Clear Clip and other important shortcuts. An easy-to-read 1.9" LCD display is suitable for use in all lighting environments including dark low-light sets to bright sunlight. The on-board mixer not only provides user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay, but also offers high-pass filtering for noise and wind reduction, phase inversion, and Mid-Side decoding. The F4 ships with a camera-mount adapter, AC power adapter, and download codes for Cubase LE and Wavelab LE.
- Six-input/ eight-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- Six discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic-capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96, 88.2 , 48, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952/48.048 kHz for HD-video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate timecode (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop-frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12 VAC Adapter with DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain-control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48/+24V) on every preamp
- High-pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 ms per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dedicated headphone output (100mW) with front-panel volume control
- Dual XLR-balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front-panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
- 1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512GB each
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in tripod mount; camera-mount adapter also included
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
|Recording Media||16 MB to 2 GB SD cards 4 to 32 GB SDHC cards 64 to 512 GB SDXC cards|
Input 1-4: XLR-1/4" / 6.35 mm combo jacks
Input 5-6: 1/8" / 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
XLR (Mic): +10 to +75 dB
TRS (Line): -10 to +55 dB
Mini Jack Input: -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting), +4 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
XLR (Mic): 3.0 kOhms
TRS (Line): 22 kOhms
Mini Jack Input: 10 kOhms or morev
|Maximum Input Level||
XLR (Mic): +14 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
TRS (Line): +24 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
Mini Jack Input: -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting), +24 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
|Phantom Power||+24 / +48 V 10 mA maximum for each channel|
XLR (Mic): 0.009% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW, Input Gain min, -10 dBu input)
TRS (Line): 0.010% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW, Input Gain min +10 dBu input)
|EIN||−127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75 dB input gain, 150 Ohms input)|
|Frequency Characteristics||10 Hz - 80 kHz +0.5/−1 dB (192 kHz sampling rate)|
|Dynamic Range ADC||120 dB typical (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)|
|Crosstalk||−90 dB or less (between adjacent channels, 1 kHz)|
|Mic Input||ZOOM mic-capsule input (use disables Inputs 1/2)|
Main: Balanced XLR (2-pin hot)
Sub Output: 1/8" / 3.5 mm
Headphone: 1/4" / 6.35 mm unbalanced stereo jack
Main: 150 Ohms or less
Sub Output: 1 kOhms or less
Headphone: 15 Ohms or less
Main: −10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600 Ohms load
Sub: −10 dBV (Normal Output Type), −40 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10 kOhms load
|Maximum Output Level||
Main: +10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600 Ohms load
Sub Output: +10 dBV (Normal Output Type), −20 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10 kOhms load
Headphone: 100 + 100 mW (32 Ohms load)
|Dynamic Range DAC||106 dB typical (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)|
WAV: 44.1, 47.952, 48, 48.048, 88.2, 96, 192kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo/2-10 ch poly, BWF and iXML
MP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps, 44.1/48 kHz, ID3v1 tags
|# Of Simultaneous Record Tracks||
WAV: 8 (6 inputs + stereo mix)
|Recording Time||32 GB: 30:51:00 (48 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV), 7:42:00 (192 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)|
Modes:Off, Int Free Run, Int Record Run, Int RTC Run, Ext, Ext Auto Rec (audio clock can be synchronized to timecode)
Frame Rates: 23.976ND, 24ND, 25ND, 29.97ND, 29.97D, 30ND, 30D
Precision: ±0.2 ppm
Supported Input Levels:0.2 to 5.0 Vpp
Input Impedance: 4.3 kOhms
Output Level: 3.0 Vpp ±10%
Output Impedance: 50 Ohms or less
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,