Offering 10-bit, 1080p, XAVC recording and a 25x zoom lens with 26mm wide-angle, the Sony PXW-X160 XDCAM Handheld Camcorder is ideal for a wide-range of applications, including professional broadcast, documentary, and live event work. The camcorder provides the same video recording quality and body design as the PXW-X180 but forgoes the network, GPS, and proxy recording features to deliver a more cost-effective option for shooters who don't need these features. Its three 1/3" Exmor CMOS sensors provide low noise, wide dynamic range, and support 1080p video at up to 60 fps using the XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP codecs. It also offers MPEG HD 422, MPEG HD 420, AVCHD, and DV codecs to fit into existing broadcast and production workflows. Other key features of the camcorder include a 0.5" OLED viewfinder, dual SxS memory card slots, and an electronically controlled variable ND filter. Additionally, it features a Multi-Interface Shoe that has an electronic interface that allows it to communicate and accept signals from optional accessories, such as the UWP-D11 or UWP-D12 wireless microphone receivers, without requiring an XLR cable or additional power source.
- Three 1/3" Exmor CMOS Sensors
- Three 1/3" Exmor CMOS sensors with a total of about 2.07 million effective pixels (16:9) independently capture red, blue, and green light. This, combined with the camcorder's Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, high-sensitivity, and wide dynamic range, delivers vibrant images with accurate color rendition. Noise reduction and anti-shake is provided to assure high image quality in a variety on shooting conditions.
- Sony G Lens with 25x Optical Zoom
- The Sony G lens has a 25x zoom range with a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 26mm to 650mm. This makes the lens versatile enough to handle a wide range of shooting situations from wide-angle to telephoto. Independent manual, zoom, and focus rings with end-stop and iris control are provided, and a slide mechanism on the focus ring enables easy switching between auto and manual focusing. The focus indicator can be displayed even when focusing manually.
- XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP Recording
- XAVC technology is based on the efficient and high-quality H.264 standard. XAVC Intra using intra-frame compression, meaning that every frame is encoded independent of the other frames. This provides a better quality picture, but requires a higher bit-rate. With a Long GOP codec, only certain frames are encoded individually. This allows the codec to squeeze the video into a much smaller bitrate than Intra technology. XAVC Long GOP files require less storage space than XAVC Intra files. When recording in XAVC, it uses the MXF file format, efficiently compressing Full HD 1920x1080 resolution using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec. Image sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with Intra-frame compression at 112 Mbps or high-efficiency Long-GOP compression at 50 Mbps, 35 Mbps, or 25 Mbps. In addition to XAVC Intra/Long GOP, the PXW-X160 records in MPEG HD 422 at 50 Mbps, MPEG HD 420 at 35 Mbps, AVCHD, and DV.
- Dual SxS Memory Card Slots
- The PXW-X160 features two SxS memory card slots offering high read and write speeds. Optional adapters are available which allow recording to your existing XQD or SD memory cards. Simultaneous recording onto two memory cards is possible (in the same recording mode only). With two record buttons, the operator can choose which card to record to, letting you use one card for recording while the other card serves as a backup. Continuous relay recording is also possible from the card in the A slot to the card in the B slot.
Note: In AVCHD recording mode, simultaneous recording and relay recording between the two memory cards are not possible.
- Variable ND Filter
- The PXW-X160 is Sony's first professional camcorder to feature a variable ND filter. The new filter device has been developed to electronically control density and enable continuous setting adjustment from 1/4 to 1/128 ND using a simple dial. The variable ND filter lets you shoot with large apertures and/or slower shutter speeds when outside in daylight or in other bright environments.
- The camcorder offers a variety of connections to suit the broadcast workflow, including 3G HD-SDI, HDMI, USB, composite output, timecode input/output, and genlock input. The 3G-SDI connector is able to output the 1080/59.94p or 50p signal. Down-conversion output from HD to SD is also possible. Simultaneous output from both SDI and HDMI is possible. The Rec Trigger signal can be sent through SDI and HDMI to link an external recording device.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- Accessories taking their power from the Multi-Interface Shoe can be switched on and off from the camcorder. Also, if an optional UWP-D11 or UWP-D12 wireless microphone receiver is connected, power supply and cable-free audio signal input is possible, minimizing the need for extra batteries and removing the need for additional cabling.
- OLED Viewfinder and 3.5" LCD Panel
- This 0.5-inch type OLED viewfinder features a 1024 x 768 resolution and displays images with deep blacks, accurate colors, and a high native contrast ratio. The high resolution of the viewfinder allows better precision of manual focus operations. The 3.5" type UHD resolution LCD panel provides easy viewing in a wide range of lightning conditions.
|Image Sensor||3-Chip 1/3" CMOS Sensor|
|Sensor Resolution||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||
|Horizontal Resolution (TV Lines)||1000 TV Lines or More|
|Gain||-3 to 18 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||60 dB|
|Minimum Illumination||0.12 lux at 1/1/2 Shutter Speed|
|Focal Length||3.7 to 92.5mm|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||26 to 650mm|
|Optical Zoom Ratio||25x|
|Maximum Aperture||f/1 to 6|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||
Wide: 0.4" / 1.0 cm
Telephoto: 31.5" / 80.0 cm
|Image Stabilization||Optical Image Stabilization|
|Shutter Speed||1/1/2 to 1/1/2000 sec|
|Built-In ND Filter||2 to 7 Stop Electronic ND Filter|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||2 x SxS PRO+ Card Slots|
|Broadcast System Compatibility||NTSC, PAL|
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (89 to 112 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (112 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (25 to 50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (35 to 50 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (50 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (24 to 28 Mb/s)
|Variable Frame Rates||
1080p30: 1 to 60 fps
720p60: 1 to 60 fps
|Audio Recording||2-Channel 24-Bit 48 kHz|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,