Your Camera. Your Software. Wireless.
The Air Direct wirelessly transfers RAW and JPG images to your software as if you were shooting with a cable. Connect supported Fujifilm, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and other DSLR, Mirrorless and Medium Format cameras direct to a computer running compatible tethering software. Air Direct’s USB-C protocol and 802.11AC dual band Wi-Fi delivers fast, reliable image transfer and enables all camera control features native to the tethering software – such as live view, loupe, barcoding, bracketing, focus-stacking and countless other features native to tethering software.
Your Camera. Your Workflow. Wireless with Air Direct.
Air Direct brings you a tethered workflow shooting experience that frees you to be mobile as you shoot. Air Direct’s utility software makes a virtual PTP connection so you can wirelessly control your camera and transfer files to your software. Compatible with Capture One, Smart Shooter, Lightroom, DarkRoom & many other tethering software programs.
Air Direct utilizes its own power source and will not drain the camera’s battery. For longer shoots, use large external USB batteries or AC wall power via the supplied DC cable. Air Direct offers the flexibility to swap power sources without ever shutting down, so you can power and shoot simultaneously.
Mac and PC Compatibility:
- The Air Direct Utility (ADU) creates a wireless PTP communication between camera and tethering software on MacOS or Windows.
- Compatible with Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic LUMIX, Phase One, Hasselblad, Leica models with USB tether. Not designed for non-supported camera models.
- For cameras with extremely large files, shooting tethered with a cable may be a better option.
- Tethering software of your choice such as Capture One, Smart Shooter, Lightroom, DarkRoom, & many other tethering software programs. (Required for Mac and PC)
Mobile, iOS, and Android Compatibility:
Air Direct is compatible with iOS and Android devices for Canon and Nikon cameras via Air Remote Mobile Tethering App.
Air Remote App features creative zone control, live view, bracketing, time-lapse, focus stacking, bulb time, movie mode and more.
Air Remote Mobile Tethering App is currently compatible with Canon and Nikon:
Technology that works the way you want to:
- USB-C technology for lightning fast transfer.
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi connection. Internet access not required.
- Two-way communication from computer to camera, camera to computer.
- Transfer RAW and JPEG to Mac or PC simultaneously.
- One to One camera connection for secure communication.
- 5X faster transfer speed and range up to 200 feet (60m).
- Option of 2.4GHz or 5GHz bandwidth for faster transmission, further distance and less environmental interference.
- Dual high-powered internal antennas for greater range.
- Canon and Nikon users can also enjoy all the benefits of the Air Remote App on iOS and Android devices.
- Powered by easy access LP-E6 battery or DC input.
Mounting the Air Direct
The Air Direct connects to your camera’s USB port, leaving the hot shoe free for use with other equipment. The Air Direct has been designed with flexible options for mounting and use. Our recommended option is to mount the Air Direct using the Air Direct Area Clamp for L-Bracket.
Alternative methods for mounting and use include:
- Mount on the camera’s hot shoe, if it is available.
- Attach the Air Direct to a tripod leg using the StrapMoore.
- Mount to an arm or clamp with the ¼”-20 thread on the bottom of the cold shoe
- Use a longer USB cable, allowing you to carry the Air Direct in your pocket.
|Bandwidth:||2.4 and 5GHz|
|Battery Life:||3-5 hours*|
|Size:||(39mm) x (92.mm) x (68.6mm)|
*Results may vary based on phone, tablet, or computer used.
In the Box
1x Air Direct Wireless Tethering System
1x ONsite LP-E6/N Battery
1x ONsite LP-E6/N Battery Charger and Charger Cable
1x Air Direct DC to USB-A Power Cable
• USB 2.0 Mini-B 5-Pin Air Direct USB-C Connector Cables
• USB 2.0 Mini-B 8-Pin Air Direct USB-C Connector Cables
• USB 2.0 Micro-B Air Direct USB-C Connector Cables
• USB 3.0 Micro-B Air Direct USB-C Connector Cables
• USB Type C Air Direct USB-C Connector Cables
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,