Sony's PXW-X70 Professional XDCAM Compact Camcorder is about the same size as a conventional 1/3" professional compact camcorder, but it features a 1" type sensor, which is larger than a super-16 sized sensor and more than eight times the size of a 1/3" sensor. The larger Exmor R sensor size provides for more cinematic appearing depth of field than a 1/3" sensor is capable of and features a back-side illuminated design for improved low light performance. It features an integrated 12x optical zoom lens with a manual lens ring for zoom/focus control, and a three level switchable ND filter. The top handle incorporates two 3-pin XLR inputs for recording audio from XLR microphones.
The camera records HD video using the XAVC Long-GOP codec with 4:2:2, 10-bit color sampling at 50 Mb/second, providing footage with a high data rate that is suitable for broadcast applications. Sony's Slow & Quick Motion is built-into the camera. The camera features two SD card slots, allowing simultaneous and relay recording, and both a 3G-SDI and an HDMI output. The camera supports control via Wi-Fi using smartphones or tablets and the optional Content Browser Mobile application. Planned upgrades will allow the camera to record in 4K UHD as well as add file transfer and streaming via Wi-Fi.
- 4K Upgrade
- An optional upgrade via a license key (Sony part # CBKZ-X70FX) allows the camera to record 4K.
- The 1" type sensor features 14.2 million effective pixels on a sensor that is more than 8 times larger than a 1/3" type sensor. The larger size of the pixels allows them to gather more light compared to a 1/3" sensor. The Exmor R designation indicates the sensor features a back-side illuminated design, which allows more light to reach the sensor's photosites for increased light sensitivity and less noise in low light conditions.
- The PXW-X70 is a compact camcorder that weighs less than 3 pounds including the XLR handle unit, battery (NP-FV70), lens hood and large eye-cup. It features professional interfaces including 3G-SDI and HDMI output connectors, an XLR handle unit with zoom lever, a manual lens ring that can control zoom and focus, and an ergonomic palm grip with large zoom lever. Its records video to two SD memory card slots that can be used for simultaneous and relay recording and to backup files.
- The camera is capable of using Sony's Slow & Quick motion recording, which allows you to shoot at selectable frame rates (1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60 / 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 25, 50.)
- The integrated 12x optical zoom lens incorporates a three-level switchable ND filter, with 24x clear Image Zoom technology that retains the quality of the HD image, and a digital extender allows you to zoom up to 48x.
- Multiple recording choices are available depending on application, including XAVC, AVCHD, and DV file-based recording. The PXW-X70 records in XAVC using the MXF file format, which efficiently compresses full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 CODEC. Color sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with high-efficiency Long-GOP compression at 50 Mbps, 35 Mbps, or 25 Mbps for broadcast quality images.
- Supporting Near Field Communication functions, the camera allows easy, one-touch wireless LAN connection to a smartphone or tablet, while the Content Browser Mobile application allows confirmation of shot angles and operation of the camcorder by remote, including spot focus and iris adjustment.
1" Exmor R CMOS
14.2MP effective pixels
12x optical zoom
24x Clear Image Zoom
48x with digital extender
Aperture: f/2.8 -f/4.5
Focal Length: 9.3 to 111.6mm (equivalent to 29 to 348mm on 16:9 35 mm lens)
|Filter Size||Accepts 62mm screw-in filters|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2 10-bit|
|Gain||-3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12,15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33 dB, AGC|
|White Balance||Preset (Indoor:3200K, Outdoor:5600K±7 steps, Color temparature set range:2300-15000K), Onepush A, B, Auto selectable|
Built-In LCD: 3.5" type LCD (approx. 1.56M dots)
Viewfinder: 0.39" type OLED (approx. 1.44M dots)
XAVC-L 50: VBR, maximum 50Mbps, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC - LPCM 24-bit, 48kHz, 2 channels
XAVC-L 35: VBR, maximum 35Mbps, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC - LPCM 24-bit, 48kHz, 2 channels
XAVC-L 25: VBR, maximum 25Mbps, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC - LPCM 24-bit, 48kHz, 2 channels
VBR: maximum 28Mbps,m MPEG-4 H.264/AVC
LPCM: 24-bit, 48kHz, 2 channels
LPCM: 16-bit, 48kHz, 2 channels
LPCM 2ch 50Mbps: approx. 120 min with 64 GB memory card
LPCM 2ch 35Mbps: approx. 170 min with 64 GB memory card
LPCM 2ch 25Mbps: approx. 220 min with 64 GB memory card
LPCM 2ch PS Mode: approx. 290 min with 64 GB memory card / 145 min with 32 GB memory card
LPCM 2ch FX Mode: approx. 340 min with 64 GB memory card / 170 min with 32 GB memory card
LPCM 2ch FH Mode: approx. 450 min with 64 GB memory card / 225 min with 32 GB memory card
approx. 280 min with 64 GB memory card / 140 min with 32 GB memory card
1 x 3G-SDI
1 x HDMI 1 x Multi/Micro USB (Requires optional breakout cable)
Mic: 2 x 3-pin XLR female
Mic: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo mini jack with plug-in power
|Accessory Shoe||1 x Multi Interface Shoe|
|Media Card Slots||2 x SD|
Approx. 5.5 W (while recording with viewfinder and XAVC HD 1080/60i 50Mbps)
Approx. 5.8 W (while recording with LCD and XAVC HD 1080/60i 50Mbps)
|Battery Operating Time||Approx. 120min. with NP-FV70 battery (while recording with LCD, XAVC 1080/60i, 50Mbps)|
32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C Storage
-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.8 x / 4.1 x 10.8" / 120.7 x 103.5 x 274.3 mm ( with lens hood and eyecup)|
|Weight||Less than 3 lb / 1.4 kg (includes camera body, XLR handle unit, NP-FV70 battery, lens hood, and large eye-cup)|
|Package Weight||5.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.2 x 9.6 x 6.0"|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,