Bringing a smaller, handheld form factor to Sony's line of digital cinema cameras, the PXW-FS5 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System captures UHD video using a Super 35mm-sized sensor for cinematic imagery. Though small in size, it incorporates professional features that differentiate it from consumer and DSLR/mirrorless cameras and make it suitable for use on productions as diverse as cinéma vérité-style documentaries, reality TV, and commercial and corporate applications. The included 7x zoom lens covers APS-C-sized and Super 35mm-sized sensors, features optical steady shot image stabilization, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27 to 158mm.
The camera's E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses or accept most 35mm lenses with the use of adapters, including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon lenses. The camera records in your choice of XAVC-L or AVCHD. It incorporates two SD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. Outputs include both HDMI and SDI and Sony's proprietary Multi-Terminal. The body also incorporates an Ethernet connector, headphone jack, and XLR audio inputs. All connectors and card slots are covered to protect from dust incursion. The camera supports Wi-Fi and NFC functionality, allowing you live stream from the camera, or control it from a wireless device.
- The PXW-FS5 is equipped with an E-mount machined from solid stainless steel for stability and strength. It accepts E-mount lenses from Sony, Zeiss, and other manufacturers. The shallow flange distance allows you to mount most 35mm lens types, such as PL, DSLR, and legacy SLR lenses, including Canon EF, Leica, and Nikon as well as many others with mechanical adapters.
- The camera includes an ergonomic handgrip that Sony calls a SmartGrip, which features Zoom, Start/Stop and Assign controls. The SmartGrip facilitates camera operation with the right hand, leaving the left hand free to operate the lens. The handgrip can be positioned at different angles permitting greater flexibility.
- The camera features two SD media slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. One of the two SD slots also accepts Memory Stick-type media.
- All input, output connectors feature covers for dust protection; this applies even to the DC input and LANC connector. The media card slots and Multi-Terminal are likewise protected from dust by a swing away door.
- The camera includes a removable top handle that incorporates a second XLR 3-pin audio input that compliments the 3-pin XLR input incorporated into the body. Both audio inputs feature a selector switch for line/mic/mic+48.
- The top handle allows you to attach the LCD viewfinder to the camera, providing you with a choice of using the camera's built-in EVF, or a larger LCD viewscreen. Audio level control is on the main body of the camera and offers automatic gain control.
- A built-in, electronic, variable ND system allows you to dial in anywhere from 1/4 to 1/128th ND filtration in the camera body, allowing you to eschew the use of optical ND filters. The variable ND also features four preset positions; off, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64.
- One SDI connector provides HD 10-bit 422 output. In addition, one A-type HDMI 2.0 provides 4K and HD output. Both the SDI and HDMI ports can output REC trigger and TC following Sony's established transmission method.
- The PXW-FS5 records to XAVC-L QFHD 8-bit 420 (up to 30fps) and HD 10-bit 422 (up to 60fps) internally.
- The PXW-FS5 has Simultaneous-Recording capability with Individual Rec Trigger. Mirror or back-up recording is possible. There are two Rec s/s buttons: one on the camera grip, the other on the camera handle. The target SD card slot for each trigger is assigned in the Recording Menu.
- The PXX-FS5 is capable of simultaneously recording proxy files with the same name and time code as the main recordings.
- The camera has a built in Wi-Fi capabilities that enables live streaming to PCs, tablets, and smart phones. When using content Browser mobile, the user can even control the camera wirelessly. One (1) Ethernet connector located on the rear panel of the camera provides robust connections when a reliable Wi-Fi link is not available.
- Recorded movie files can be transferred via network to a designated FTP server. The following file format is available for FTP:
XAVC Proxy files
XAVC-L recorded files (4K(QFHD) & HD)
AVCHD files (only m2ts stream files)
- The 4K Super 35 EXMOR sensor features approximately 14 stops of latitude and a wide color gamut. It offers a choice of XAVC or AVCHD codecs. The XAVC codec can be used for 4K and HD recording, while MPEG-2 is limited to HD recording. The XAVC Long allows you to encode from HD to UHD using Intra-Frame or Long GoP compression with 10-bit 422 for HD and the choice of 10-bit 422 or 8-bit 420 for UHD.
- Zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-158mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity.
- Handycam technology is used, along with a floating axis design, to provide smooth, quiet zooming performance that is well-suited to movie recording.
- Internal zoom and focus design helps to maintain a constant lens length with a non-rotating front element to support use of polarizing filters.
- Zoom lever allows greater control over the speed of zoom using either variable or fixed-speed settings.
- Separate, dedicated focusing ring permits direct manipulation of focus and gives way to separate power zoom and manual focus controls for greater precision.
Super 35mm Single-Chip 11.6MP Exmor CMOS
Focal Length: 18 to 105mm (comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 to 158mm)
Iris: f/4 to f/22
Angle of View: 77.4 to 15.6°
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48' / 45 cm
Image Stabilization: Yes
Filter Thread: 72mm
Dimensions (D x L): Approx. 3.07 x 4.33" / 7.8 x 11 cm
Weight: 15.06 oz / 427 g
|Effective Picture Size (H x V)||3840 x 2160|
|LCD Monitor||3.5" / 8.8 cm
Approx: 1.56M dots
|Viewfinder||0.39" / 0.99 cm OLED
Approx: 1.44M dots
|ND Filter||Variable: 1/4 to 1/128
Presets: Clear, 1/4, 1/26, 1/64
|Sensitivity||ISO Rating: 3200 (S-Log3 Gamma)
Lux: 2000 lx, 89.9% reflectance
Video Gamma: T14(3840 x 2160 @ 23.98p mode, 3200K)`
|Min. Illumination||60i: 0.16 lx (iris f/1.4, gain auto, shutter speed 1/24)
50i: 0.18 lx (iris f/1.4, gain auto, shutter speed 1/25)
|S/N Ratio||57 db (Y) (typical)|
|Recording Format||XAVC Long
100Mb/s: 3840 x 2160p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
60Mb/s: 3840 x 2160p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
50Mb/s: 1920 x 1080p 59.94 / 50 / 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
50Mb/s: 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
50Mb/s: 1280 x 720p 59.94 / 50
35Mb/s: 1920 x 1280p 59.94 / 50 / 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
25Mb/s: 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
H.264 / AVC
1280 x 720: 3 to 6Mb/s
640 x 360: 1 to 3Mb/s
28Mb/s (PS): 1920 x 1080p 59.94 / 50
24Mb/s (FX): 1920 x 1080p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
24Mb/s (FX): 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
24Mb/s (FX): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
17Mb/s (FH): 1920 x 1080p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
17Mb/s (FH): 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
17Mb/s (FH): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
9Mb/s (HQ): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
|Audio Recording Format||XAVC Long
Linear PCM 2 ch, 24-bit, 48kHz
Linear PCM 2 ch, 16-bit, 48kHz
Dolby digital 2ch, 16-bit, 48kHz
|Shutter Speed||60i: 1/8 to 1/10,000
50i/24p:1/6 to 1/10,000
|Gain Selection||0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24,27, 30dB, AGC|
Memory B (1500K-50000K)/ATW
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||3840 x 2160 30p: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30
3840 x 2160 25p: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 25
1920 x 1080 60i: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60
1920 x 1080 50i: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 25, 50
|Super Slow Motion||60i: Frame rate selectable ( 120, 240, 480, 960)
50i: Frame rate selectable ( 100, 240, 400, 800)
|WiFi Compatible||Format: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
Security: WEP / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
NFC: NFC Forum Type 3 Tag Compliant
|Media Card Slots||1 x MS/SD (dual Memory Stick/SD)
1 x SD
|Input and Output Connectors||Audio Input
2 x 3-pin XLR
1 x BNC HD/3G-SDI
1 x Type A
1 x Multi/Micro (composite video integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack)
1 x Stereo mini jack
Stereo mini jack (Φ2.5 mm)
1 x RJ-45 (100Base-TX/10Base-T
|Accessory Shoe||Multi-Interface (MI) shoe|
|Power Requirement||Battery Pack: 14.4 VDC
AC Adapter: 12 VDC
NTSC: Approx 11.8W
|Temperature||Operating: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
Storage: -4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C)
|Dimensions||Body Only: 4.50 x 5.13 x 6.88" / 11.43 x 13.02 x 17.46 cm (approx)
Body, Lens & Accessories: 7.38 x 8.63 x 6.88" / 18.73 x 21.91 x 17.46 cm (with 18 to 105mm lens, lens hood, large eyecup, LCD viewfinder, top handle, grip)
|Weight||Body Only: 29.2 oz / 827.8 g
Body, Lens & Accessories: 4.9 lb / 2.23 kg (with 18 to 105mm lens, lens hood, large eyecup, LCD viewfinder, top handle, grip)
In the BoxSony PXW-FS5 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System with Zoom Lens
- E-PZ 18-105mm f/4.G OSS Lens
- Lens Hood
- Large Eye Cup
- LCD Viewfinder
- LCD Viewfinder Protector
- Top Handle
- Grip Remote
- Accessory Shoe Kit (Accessory Shoe, Accessory Shoe Plate, Attachment Screws)
- 2 x Power Cord
- AC Adapter
- BP-U30 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BC-U1 Battery Charger
- CD-ROM with Manuals
- Wireless Remote Commander
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,