- THE BOX
- PLEASE CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY
The optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements and one super ED element to reduce chromatic aberrations, plus two XA (extreme aspherical) elements that significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. A Nano AR II coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
An XD Linear Motor system uses two separate motors to provide quick and quiet focus, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. A minimum focus of just 9.8" and an ultra-wide field of view opens a new world of deep perspective close-up photography. Also, the lens features a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated outer elements to support shooting in inclement conditions.
- As part of Sony's premium G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Versatile ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, and one standard aspherical element, are incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One Super ED element and two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- This updated coating is better suited for larger, curved elements and is especially adept at minimizing internal reflections.
- An XD Linear Motor system uses two separate motors, along with an internal focusing design, to provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus and tracking performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for quick focus mode switching.
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8" suits making dynamic close-up images.
A focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select programmable settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. The ring also incorporates a locking "A" position for use in automated exposure modes.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front and rear elements resist dust, moisture, and fingerprints and are easy to clean.
- Filter holder is incorporated at the rear of the lens, within the lens mount, and accepts cut gel filters and a filter cutting template is included.
- Integrated petal-shaped lens hood helps to block stray light from causing lens flare and also affords some physical protection to the front element.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two XA Elements, One Super ED Element
- Nano AR II and Fluorine Coatings
- XD Linear Motor AF, Internal Focus
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||114°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
Gel Filter (Rear)
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.3 x 3.9" / 83 x 99.8 mm|
|Weight||1 lb / 460 g|
- Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens
- Front Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Case
- Filter Template
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000.(T's&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International) Please note:
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.