The lens also boasts a fast f/2.8 aperture for controlling depth of field and working in less-than-ideal light as well as a Nano AR coating that help eliminate ghosting and flare.
Critical to macro is accurate focusing, which is assisted by the speedy Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor present in the 90mm lens. Users also have direct access to a focus hold button and focus range limiter for further optimizing the lens' performance in certain situations. On top of this, the focusing ring slides for immediate switching between manual and auto focusing. And, the lens has built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for compensating for camera shake at all focusing distances.
- Designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this telephoto macro can also be used on APS-C systems where it provides a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size, 1:1 magnification ratio along with an 11" minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. A focusing distance and magnification scale is also printed on the top of the lens to aid in more technical applications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, are featured in the lens design and helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- A Direct Drive SSM system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An internal focus design further enhances usability by improving AF speed and ensuring that the overall length of the lens does not change during use.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between 11-19.7", 19.7"-infinity, or full, and a focus hold button is also featured to manually stop the autofocus at a specified point.
- This lens' focusing ring can be slid forwards and backwards to quickly shift from manual to autofocus modes, and vice versa.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 1:1 Magnification Ratio; Internal Focus
- Aspherical, ED and Super ED Elements
- Nano AR Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Sliding Focus Ring for AF/MF Selection
- Focus Hold Button; Focus Range Limiter
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11"
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||27°|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02" / 28 cm|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||62 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.11 x 5.14" / 79 x 130.5 mm|
|Weight||1.3 lb / 602 g|
|Package Weight||2.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.2 x 4.8 x 4.8"|
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens
- Sony ALC-SH138 Lens Hood
- Sony ALC-F62S 62mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email email@example.com.