The Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM for Canon / Nikon is the second generation of large-aperture telephoto zoom lenses incorporating Sigma's OS (Optical Stabilizer) anti-shake system. It offers the equivalent of shooting at shutter speeds 3 to 4 stops slower than without OS, thus allowing handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. Its HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing.
It features a large maximum aperture of f/2.8 that remains constant throughout the zoom range, making it incredibly valuable when shooting in low light situations such as wedding or other events. It is also great when shooting fast-moving subjects such as sports, when fast shutter speeds are needed to capture fleeting moments. The 70-200mm f/2.8 is fast and versatile and at a length of 7.8 (19.8cm) will be a tool that seldom sees the inside of your camera bag. The lens comes with a petal-type lens hood plus an adapter to extend its length for users with APS-c cameras.
Note: This lens is optimized for full-frame Canon DSLRs and may also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors but it will increase focal length to about 100-300mm with most cameras.
Note: When using the OS function of the lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
Note: Optical Stabilizer (OS) function will not work with film SLR cameras except Canon EOS-1V
- Sigma's New APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is the second generation of this large aperture telephoto zoom lens now incorporating Sigma's Optical Stabilization (OS) anti-shake system. It uses two sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement of the camera. It works by moving an optical image stabilizing lens group, to effectively compensate for camera shake.
- Two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to expensive fluorite glass, and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, combine to provide excellent reduction of aberrations and image quality.
- The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus images (bokeh).
- Sigma has managed to make the lens more compact than its predecessor, measuring only 7.8" (8.64cm) in length.
- The Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- The exterior of this lens is EX-finished to denote the superior build and optical quality, and to enhance its appearance.
- The lens DG designation translates to large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras while retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs.
|70 - 200mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Canon (APS-C) / Nikon DX
|Aspect Angle of View||34.3° - 12.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||4.59' (1.40 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.4 x 7.8" (86.36 x 198.12 mm)|
|Weight||3.15 lb (1.43 kg)|
In the BoxSigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM
- Front & Rear Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Hood Adapter
- Soft Case with Strap
- Tripod Collar
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,