The Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon or Nikon is a standard zoom lens designed especially for DSLRs with APS-C-sized image sensors. This lens has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27.2-112mm, providing wide-angle to portrait-length angles of view for use in everyday shooting situations.
This lens features a fast f/2.8-4 maximum aperture to help better control your focus plane and to aid in low-light shooting. A built-in Optical Stabilizer also helps in low-light situations by providing a four-stop reduction in the appearance of camera shake, which is ideally suited for macro and telephoto shooting as well. The Hyper Sonic AF Motor delivers fast, smooth, and quiet auto focusing that greatly benefits video applications. The integration of two FLD, one SLD, and three aspherical lenses in the construction helps to reduce the effects of chromatic and chromatic axial aberrations, and Super Multi-Layer coated elements help to increase contrast for sharp, clear imagery.
As part of Sigma's new Contemporary line of lenses, this lens is designed using Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) materials to help reduce the overall weight and size of the lens barrel by about 30% without compromising on optical integrity, rigidity, or overall durability.
For updating lens firmware and fine-tuning its nuances to best-suit your personal shooting, this lens is compatible with the Sigma USB Dock. The dock allows you to specify certain parameters and other settings through the Sigma Optimization Pro software, such as AF speed and focusing limitations.
- Contemporary Lens Line
- This lens is the first lens produced as part of Sigma's Contemporary line; deeming it lightweight and compact while still exhibiting high optical performance. This lens' wide range of focal lengths makes is suitable for a variety of shooting applications. Utilizing a smaller OS unit and an optimized distribution of optical and electronic elements, the size of the lens barrel is able to be reduced in size by approximately 30%. This reduction in weight is also afforded in part through the use of TSC materials in the barrel construction. This material offers high durability and rigidity but with less bulk than metal components.
- Macro Shooting Capabilities
- This lens features a maximum magnification of 1:2.8 and a minimum focus distance of 8.7" / 22cm, giving a working distance of just 2.2" / 5.5cm when shooting at the 70mm focal length.
- Optimized Lens Construction
- Two FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements, one SLD (Super Low Dispersion) glass element, and three aspherical glass elements, including a double-sided aspherical lens, are integrated into the lens' construction to help improve overall image quality. The combination of these elements provides a reduction in both chromatic and axial chromatic aberrations throughout the focusing and zoom ranges. A Super Multi-Layer Coating is also applied to lens surfaces to reduce the appearance of lens flare and ghosting, which helps to maintain image contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) provides fast, quiet, and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications.
- Optical Stabilizer
- The OS (Optical Stabilizer) system is incorporated into the lens to provide a four-stop-equivalent reduction in the appearance of camera shake. This enables greater handheld shooting possibilities when working in low-lit situations, at longer focal lengths, and when working with macro subjects.
- USB Dock
- Compatible with Sigma's USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro software for fine-tuning your lens' performance, updating its firmware, and better suiting it to your needs.
- Other Features
- A large maximum aperture of f/2.8-4 helps with low-light photography and also offers greater control over your focus plane for selective focus shooting.
- A brass bayonet mount provides reinforced durability at the connection point between the lens and your camera.
17 - 70mm
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 27.2 - 112 mm
Maximum: f/2.8 - 4
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||DSLR (APS-C Sensor)|
|Aspect Angle of View||79.7° - 22.9°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||8.66" (22 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3|
|Filter Thread||Front:72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.11 x 3.23" (79 x 82 mm)|
|Weight||16.40 oz (465 g)|
In the BoxSigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon/Nikon
- Lens Hood LH780-03
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,