Complementing the imaging assets is the impressive 60x Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, which covers a 24-1440mm equivalent focal length range to suit shooting in nearly any situation. Lens-shift VR benefits stills shooting at long focal lengths and with slower shutter speeds, and compensates for the effects of camera shake for up to three stops. Rounding out the B600's feature-set, the camera has a rear 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and control, and a slew of Scene and Creative modes to further enhance the look of your imagery.16MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
A high-resolution 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity from ISO 125-6400 to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions. The sensor and EXPEED image processing also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous-shooting rate of up to 7 fpsZoom-NIKKOR ED 60x Zoom Lens
A wide-ranging NIKKOR 60x optical zoom lens provides a 24-1440mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 120x zoom magnification. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of up to three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens' optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and colour fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.Full HD Video Recording
In addition to stills recording, Full HD video recording is supported in both 30p and 60i frame rates for clips up to 29 minutes long. For steadying recording, 4-axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, a Short Movie Show feature lets you combine several clips into a 30-second movie collage that can be accentuated with Special Effects and different soundtracks.Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The ergonomic body design resembles a DSLR and incorporates a large grip for more stable shooting.
- A 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for clear live view shooting, image playback, and menu navigation.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camer
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 280 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Target Finding AF automatically assesses the scene, recognizes intended subjects, and then adjusts the AF area according to the subject's size to better ensure clearly focused images.
- The contrast-detection autofocus system and Subject Tracking function also work to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting to produce better portraits.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the type of scene you are photographing and selects one of six commonly used scene modes to alleviate the need to manually select your mode.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you produce artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Bird Watching, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Moon, Multiple Exposure Lighten, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Smart Portrait, Snow, Sports, and Sunset.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR Super ED 60x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-1440mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD Video Recording at 30p/60i
- SnapBridge Wi-Fi & Bluetooth BLE
- ISO 125-6400, up to 7-fps Shooting
- Lens-Shift VR, 4-Axis Hybrid VR
- Target Finding AF, Scene Auto Selector
|Type||Compact digital camera|
|Effective pixels||16.0 million (Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels.)|
|Image sensor||1/2.3-in. type CMOS, Total pixels: approx. 16.76 million|
|Lens||NIKKOR lens with 60x optical zoom|
|Focal length||4.3 to 258 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 24 to 1440 mm lens in 35 mm  format)|
|F-number||f/3.3 to 6.5|
|Lens construction||16 elements in 11 groups (4 ED lens elements and 1 super ED lens element)|
|Magnification||Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 5760 mm lens in 35 mm  format)|
|Vibration reduction||Lens shift (still images), Combination of lens shift and electronic VR (movies)|
|Focus range||[W]: Approx. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) to infinity, [T]: Approx. 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) to infinity, Macro mode: [W]: Approx. 1 cm (0.4 in.) to infinity, [T]: Approx. 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) to infinity (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)|
|AF-area mode||Face priority, manual with 99 focus areas, center, subject tracking, target finding AF|
|Monitor||7.6 cm (3-in.) diagonal; Approx. 921k-dot, wide viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment|
|Frame coverage||Approx. 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)|
|Frame coverage (playback mode)||Approx. 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)|
|Storage media||SD, SDHC, SDXC, Internal memory (approx. 83 MB)|
|File system||DCF and Exif 2.3 compliant|
|Storage file formats||Still images: JPEG, Movies: MP4 (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC stereo)|
|Image size (pixels)||16 M (High) 4608 x 3456 (Fine), 16 M 4608 x 3456, 8 M 3264 x 2448, 4 M 2272 x 1704, 2 M 1600 x 1200, VGA 640 x 480, 16:9 12 M 4608 x 2592, 1:1 3456 x 3456|
|Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate||1080/30p, 1080/25p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 720/30p, 720/25p, 480/30p, 480/25p, HS 480/4x, HS 1080/0.5x|
|ISO sensitivity||ISO 125 to 1600, ISO 3200, 6400 (available when using Auto mode)|
|Exposure metering||Matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2x), spot (digital zoom 2x or more)|
|Exposure control||Programmed auto exposure and exposure compensation (–2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)|
|Shutter type||Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed||1/1600 to 1 s, 1/4000 s (maximum speed during high-speed continuous shooting), 25 s (Star trails in Multiple exp. Lighten scene mode)|
|Self-timer||10 s, 3 s|
|Aperture||Electromagnetic 6-blade iris diaphragm|
|Aperture range||8 steps of 1/3 EV (W)|
|Flash range (approx.)||[W]: 0.5 to 6.8 m (1 ft 8 in. to 22 ft), [T]: 2.0 to 3.4 m (6 ft 7 in. to 11 ft)|
|Flash control||TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes|
|USB||Micro-USB connector (Do not use any USB cable other than the included UC-E21 USB Cable.), Hi-Speed USB Supports Direct Print (PictBridge)|
|HDMI output||HDMI micro connector (Type D)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) standards||IEEE 802.11b/g (standard wireless LAN protocol)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) operating frequency||2412 to 2462 MHz (1 to 11 channels)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) maximum output power||11.3 dBm (EIRP)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) security||Open system, WPA2-PSK|
|Bluetooth standards||Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1; Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz; Bluetooth: 3.1 dBm (EIRP) Bluetooth Low Energy: 2.12 dBm (EIRP)|
|Power sources||One EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (included), EH-62F AC Adapter (available separately)|
|Charging time||Approx. 2 h (when using EH-73P/EH-73PCH Charging AC Adapter and when no charge remains)|
|Battery life||Approx. 280 shots when using EN-EL12|
|Actual battery life for movie recording||Approx. 1 h 5 min (when using EN-EL12)|
|Tripod socket||1/4 (ISO 1222)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 121.6 x 81.5 x 99.2 mm (4.8 x 3.3 x 4.0 in.) (excluding projections)|
|Weight||Approx. 500 g (17.7 oz) (including battery and memory card)|
|Operating environment - temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Operating environment - humidity||85% or less (no condensation)|
|Supplied accessories||Strap, LC-CP29 Lens Cap (with cord), EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, EH-73P Charging AC Adapter (A plug adapter is attached depending on the country or region of purchase. The shape of the plug adapter varies with the country or region of purchase. The EH-73PCH Charging AC Adapter may be included instead of the EH-73P, depending on the country or region where you purchased the camera.), UC-E21 USB Cable|
- Nikon COOLPIX B600 Digital Camera (Black)
- Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7V, 1050mAh
- Nikon EH-73P Charging AC Adapter
- Nikon UC-E21 USB Type-A Male to Type-B Micro Male Cable (Black)
- AN-CP21 Strap
- Nikon LC-CP29 Lens Cap
- Nikon Camera Pouch (Optional)
- 16GB Sony SD Card (Optional)
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.