Complementing the imaging assets is the impressive 35x Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, which covers a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range to suit shooting in nearly any situation. Lens-shift VR benefits stills shooting at long focal lengths and with slower shutter speeds, and compensates for the effects of camera shake for up to three stops. Additionally, the A1000 is further characterized by its high-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder for eye-level viewing, a rear 3.0" 1.036m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control.16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
A high-resolution 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity, from ISO 100-6400, to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions, along with the ability to record in the NRW raw format for expanded post-production capabilities. The sensor also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous shooting rate of up to 10 fps.Zoom-NIKKOR ED 35x Zoom Lens
A wide-ranging NIKKOR 35x optical zoom lens provides a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 70x zoom magnification. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of up to three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens' optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to stills recording, UHD 4K video recording is supported at 30p, as well as Full HD recording up to 60p. For steadying recording, Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, individual frames from 4K videos can also be saved as 8MP stills to serve as a viable means for photographing fast-moving subjects.Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Sleek, pocketable form factor is ideal for everyday shooting.
- High-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder provides bright, clear eye-level viewing, which is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions.
- A 3.0" 1.036m-dot touchscreen LCD is an intuitive means for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and it has a tilting design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camera.
- Snap-Back Zoom Button lets you quickly zoom out from a super telephoto position to regain perspective of the entire scene and reacquire your subject. This button can also be customized to activate manual focus, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation, or white balance adjustments.
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 250 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Target Finding AF automatically assesses the scene, recognizes intended subjects, and then adjusts the AF area according to the subject's size to better ensure clearly focused images.
- The contrast-detection autofocus system and Subject Tracking function also work to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting to produce better portraits.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the type of scene you are photographing and selects one of six commonly used scene modes to alleviate the need to manually select your mode.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you produce artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Multiple Exposure Lighten, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Selective Color, Smart Portrait, Snow, Soft, Sports, Sunset, and Superlapse Movie.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR Super ED 35x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-840mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 1.166m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.036m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K Video Recording at 30p
- SnapBridge Wi-Fi & Bluetooth BLE
- ISO 100-6400, up to 10-fps Shooting
- Lens-Shift VR Image Stabilization
- P/S/A/M Modes, Raw File Support
|Type||Compact digital camera|
|Effective pixels||16.0 million (Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels.)|
|Image sensor||1/2.3-in. type CMOS, Total pixels: approx.16.79 million|
|Lens||NIKKOR lens with 35x optical zoom|
|Focal length||4.3 to 151 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 24 to 840 mm lens in 35 mm  format)|
|F-number||f/3.4 to 6.9|
|Lens construction||13 elements in 11 groups (4 ED lens elements)|
|Magnification||Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 3360 mm lens in 35 mm  format)|
|Vibration reduction||Lens shift (still images), Combination of lens shift and electronic VR (movies)|
|Focus range||[W]: Approx. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) to infinity, [T]: Approx. 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) to infinity, Macro close-up: [W]: Approx.1 cm (0.4 in.) to infinity, [T]: Approx. 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) to infinity (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)|
|AF-area mode||Face priority, manual (spot), manual (normal), manual (wide), subject tracking, target finding AF|
|Viewfinder||Electronic viewfinder, 0.5 cm (0.2-in.) approx. 1166k-dot equivalent LCD with the diopter adjustment function (–4 to +4 m-¹)|
|Frame coverage||Approx. 98% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)|
|Frame coverage (playback mode)||Approx. 98% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)|
|Monitor||7.6 cm (3-in.) diagonal; Approx. 1036k-dot, wide viewing angle TFT LCD (touch panel) with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment, tilting TFT LCD|
|Storage media||SD, SDHC, SDXC, Internal memory (approx. 81 MB)|
|File system||DCF and Exif 2.31 compliant|
|Storage file formats||Still images: JPEG, RAW (NRW) (Nikon’s own format), Movies: MP4 (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC stereo)|
|Image size (pixels)||16 M 4608 x 3456, 8 M 3264 x 2448, 4 M 2272 x 1704, 2 M 1600 x 1200, 16:9 12 M 4608 x 2592, 3:2 14 M 4608 x 3072, 1:1 3456 x 3456|
|Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate||2160/30p (4K UHD), 2160/25p (4K UHD), 1080/30p, 1080/25p, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 720/30p, 720/25p, 720/60p, 720/50p, HS 720/4x, HS 1080/2x, HS 1080/0.5x|
|ISO sensitivity||ISO 100 to 1600, ISO 3200, 6400 (available when using P, S, A, or M mode)|
|Exposure metering||Matrix, center-weighted, spot|
|Exposure control||Programmed auto exposure with flexible program, shutter-priority auto, aperture-priority auto, manual, exposure bracketing, exposure compensation (–3.0 to +3.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)|
|Shutter type||Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed||1/2000 to 1 s, 1/2000 to 8 s (S, A, or M mode), 1/4000 s (maximum speed during high-speed continuous shooting), 25 s (Star trails in Multiple exp. Lighten scene mode)|
|Self-timer||10 s, 3 s, 5 s (self-portrait timer)|
|Aperture||Electromagnetic 3-blade iris diaphragm|
|Aperture range||7 steps of 1/3 EV (W) (A, M mode)|
|Flash range (approx.)||[W]: 0.5 to 6.0 m (1 ft 8 in. to 19 ft), [T]: 2.0 to 3.0 m (6 ft 7 in. to 9 ft 10 in.)|
|Flash control||TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes|
|USB||Micro-USB connector (Do not use any USB cable other than the included UC-E21 USB Cable.), Hi-Speed USB Supports Direct Print (PictBridge)|
|HDMI output||HDMI micro connector (Type D)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) standards||IEEE 802.11b/g (standard wireless LAN protocol)|
|Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) operating frequency||2412 to 2462 MHz (channels 1 to 11)|
|Bluetooth standards||Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1; Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz, Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz; Bluetooth: 3.54 dBm (EIRP) Bluetooth Low Energy: 2.98 dBm (EIRP)|
|Battery life||Approx. 250 shots when using EN-EL12|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 114.2 x 71.7 x 40.5 mm (4.5 x 2.9 x 1.6 in.) (excluding projections)|
|Weight||Approx. 330 g (11.7 oz) (including battery and memory card)|
- Nikon COOLPIX A1000 Digital Camera (Black)
- Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7V, 1050mAh)
- Nikon EH-73P Charging AC Adapter
- Nikon UC-E21 USB Type-A Male to Type-B Micro Male Cable (Black)
- AN-CP19 Strap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email email@example.com.