The AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Lens from Nikon is a fast lens with a classic wide-angle focal length. Its f/1.4 maximum aperture allows for effective low-light shooting, even handheld. It's also able to achieve a very narrow depth of field when shooting at f/1.4, creating a dramatic separation between your subject and background.
The lens features a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus. Its Rear Focusing (RF) system ensures that the front element won't rotate during focus, making it possible to use a circular polarizing filter with the lens. Two focus modes are available -- M/A and M. M/A is the autofocus mode yet allows manual focus override for fine-tuned precision and M is the full-time manual focus mode.
The optical design of the lens features 10 elements in 7 groups, with a single aspherical element that reduces coma and other types of aberrations -- even when shooting wide open. It also boasts Nikon's exclusive Nano-Crystal Coat, which minimizes flare -- even in backlit situations. A nine blade circular aperture delivers a pleasing out of focus background.
This is a "G" series lens, which means that there is no physical aperture ring -- the aperture must be controlled by the camera. It can be used on Nikon FX and DX format DSLRs. When used on a DX camera, the lens provides the equivalent field of view of a 52.5mm lens in the 35mm format.
- Fast Wide-Angle Lens
- A wide-angle prime lens with a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, it is suitable for almost all photographic applications, including but not limited to landscapes, night photography, interiors, weddings, photojournalism, and astrophotography.
- Optimized for Edge to Edge Sharpness on Both FX and DX-Format DSLRs
- When used on a DX-format DSLR, the angle of view is 44°, equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in the FX/35mm format.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens extension when focusing.
- Aspherical Lens Element
- One aspherical lens element reduces coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Nano Crystal lens coating reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Rounded 9-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Renders a more natural, pleasing appearance to out-of-focus image elements.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation and seamless override of the AF system for precise manual focus when needed.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 52.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.76" (29.87 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.27 x 3.52" (8.31 x 8.94 cm)|
|Weight||21.2 oz (601 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Lens
- Rear Lens Cap
- 67mm Snap-on Front Cap
- Bayonet Lens Hood
- Semi-Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,