The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens from Nikon delivers superior professional performance with rugged construction and sharp imaging. A telephoto prime lens compatible with both FX and DX format DSLRs, this fast aperture lens is perfect for sports photojournalism, wild life photography, portraiture, and a wide range of subjects that require super telephoto focal lengths. The f/2.8 maximum aperture is effective for low light shooting and shallow depth of field control. On FX format sensors, it provides a 450mm focal length equivalency.
Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization allows handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides users with fast and quiet autofocusing. A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus and AF Memory Recall allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus. The minimum focus distance is 7.2' in manual mode and 7.5' in AF mode.
Three extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures and both Nano Crystal Coating and Super Integrated Coating on the lens elements enhance light transmission and minimize flare and ghosting.
Physically, this lens is up to the challenge of professional use with dust and moisture resistance, a magnesium die-cast barrel, and a protective meniscus front lens. A removable tripod collar and a 52mm slip-in filter system are supported.
- Fast-Aperture f/2.8 NIKKOR Super Telephoto
- Wide aperture, professional telephoto performance, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness for both FX and DX-format Nikon DSLRs; perfect for action and sports photojournalism, wildlife photography and more.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Delivers fast, accurate and quiet auto focusing.
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nano Crystal Coating
- Reduces ghosting and internal flare for even greater image clarity.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- AF Memory Recall
- Allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Close Focusing to 7.2 feet
- Focus to 7.2 feet in manual focus or 7.5 feet in autofocus, enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 450 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 5° 20'
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.55' (2.3 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 4.9 x 10.5" (12.45 x 26.67 cm)|
|Weight||6.39 lb (2.90 kg)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens
- 52mm filter holder
- 52mm Nikon NC Filter
- Slip-on lens hood
- semi-soft case
- Slip-on Front lens cover
- Rear lens cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,