The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Lens from Nikon is a fast aperture standard zoom lens designed for photojournalism and general photography with wide-angle to portrait length perspectives. Optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX (full-frame) and DX-format image sensors it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 36-105mm on DX-format cameras. The f/2.8 maximum aperture is effective in low light and creates a shallow depth of field with pleasing out-of-focus highlights enhanced by a rounded 9-blade diaphragm.
The optical design includes three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and Precision Glass Mold (PGM) aspherical lenses that help control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated lens coatings enhance light transmission, reducing flare and ghosting.
The internal focus system and Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provide swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. Direct manual focus override enables fast and simple control over precise focus. Minimum focus is just 15" throughout the zoom range. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. The filter diameter on this lens is 77mm and a large petal-shaped lens hood is included. Weather and dust resistant sealing add to its appeal as one of the most highly regarded and versatile lenses in the Nikon stable.
This is a refurbished item and comes with a 90-day warranty.
- Fast aperture standard length zoom lens compatible with both FX- and DX-format DSLRs. On DX-format cameras it offers a focal length equivalent to 36-105mm in the 35mm format.
- Versatile wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives and a wide maximum aperture, effective in low light, make this lens a popular workhorse for working professionals, enthusiasts and day-to-day shooters.
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations and distortion while enhancing sharpness and contrast.
- Super Integrated and Exclusive Nano Crystal Coatings reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- The Silent Wave Motor enables smooth, precise and near-silent AF action.
- M/A Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between Auto and Manual focus operation.
- Rugged construction and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
24 - 70mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 36 - 105 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
84° - 34° 20'
DX Picture Angle: 61° - 22° 50'
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.25' (38 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.3 x 5.2" (8.38 x 13.21 cm)|
|Weight||1.98 lb (900 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Lens
- 77m snap-on front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Bayonet Hood
- Semi-soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,