The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens from Nikon is an all-in-one zoom lens capable of shooting wide angle to super telephoto focal lengths. This lens has a zoom range of 18-300mm, which provides the 35mm focal length equivalent of 27-450mm in the DX format, making it useful in a wide range of shooting situations.
The lens utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for quick, quiet auto focusing for photo and video as well as internal focusing that keeps the lens design compact. Also, Vibration Reduction technology optically stabilizes the image to reduce the effects of camera shake and movement providing the equivalent of up to 4 additional shutter speed stops.
Helping with image quality are three aspherical and three extra-low dispersion glass elements that will minimize aberrations and Nikon's Super Integrated Lens Coating which reduces ghosting and flare while maximizing contrast. The lens has 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas and a 67mm front filter thread.
The Silent Wave Motor autofocus system uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- The Vibration Reduction image stabilization improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake for up to 4.0 stops of blur-free handheld shooting.
- Maximum magnification of 0.32x and a minimum focusing distance of 1.6'.
- Lens construction consists of 16 elements in 12 groups.
- Works on FX-format cameras in DX crop mode.
- Utilizes 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas.
- The three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements help by minimizing the effects of chromatic aberrations and maintaining optimal sharpness and contrast of the lens.
- Three aspherical lens elements reduce coma and other aberrations as well as correct the distortion in addition to keeping lenses smaller and lighter.
- Super Integrated Coating nearly eliminates ghosting and reduces flaring, maintaining a crisp image throughout the frame.
- A-M switch locks the focus ring during autofocus while still allowing manual focusing when the ring is turned.
18 - 300mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 27 - 450 mm
Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon DX|
|Angle of View||76° - 5° 20'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.6' (48.77 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.09 x 3.90" (78.5 x 99 mm)|
|Weight||19.40 oz (550 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens
- 67mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,