- IN THE BOX
- PLEASE CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY
The fluorite elements also contribute to a lighter overall weight. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to the optical system in order to minimize flare and ghosting when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Beyond the optics, this super tele is also characterized by a Silent Wave Motor, which produces fast, near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
In addition to the lens itself, the AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included, and its 1.25x magnification increases the effective focal length to 1000mm. Its dedicated design includes one extra-low dispersion element to maintain the optical qualities of the lens, and it also retains AF and VR capabilities.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 1200mm equivalent focal length.
- Relatively fast f/5.6 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field and selective focus effects for isolating subjects.
- Two fluorite and two extra-low dispersion lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens's use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium-alloy lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
- A removable tripod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras:
D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800/E, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300/S, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Z6/Z7 with FTZ Mount Adapter, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- The AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included with the lens, and its 1.25x magnification increases the effective focal length to 1000mm. The teleconverter is designed specifically for use with this 800mm f/5.6 lens and maintains AF when used with cameras that support AF from f/8, full 4.5-stop-effective VR performance, and retains the minimum focusing distance of 19.4'. Its five element, three groups optical design includes one extra-low dispersion element that contributes to overall image clarity and color accuracy.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- Two Fluorite and Two ED Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Vibration Reduction, Sport/Tripod Modes
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Includes Dedicated 1.25x Teleconverter
Comparable DX Focal Length: 1200 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 2°
|Minimum Focus Distance||19.36' (5.9 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.6|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 6.30 x 18.15" (160 x 461 mm)|
|Weight||10.12 lb (4.59 kg)|
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens
- AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED
- Slip-On Front Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- Nikon HK-38 Lens Hood for AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens
- Nikon Neutral Clear Filter (52mm)
- Drop-In Filter Holder
- Nikon LN-2 Lens Strap for NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR
- Nikon CT-801 Trunk Case for NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens
- Monopod Collar
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000.(T's&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International) Please note:
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road
Stock is going in and out all the time, so to be 100% sure that we have an item available, please phone (031) 261-6961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.