The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens is a telephoto lens that is compatible with both FX and DX-sized image sensors. This lens features a rugged magnesium alloy barrel construction that provides durability and strength that are suitable for its use with wildlife, nature, and sports shooting applications.
The lens construction integrates two fluorite lens elements to help reduce the overall weight of the lens while also offering chromatic aberration-reduction benefits. Also aiding in the reduction of chromatic aberration is the inclusion of two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements that furthermore provide an increase in image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity. A Nano Crystal Coat is applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections and ghosting for greater image clarity and contrast. Built-in Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to lessen the appearance of blur caused by camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops, which greatly benefits this lens' use in low-light conditions and fast-paced photography. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
The AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included with the lens to further extend the effective focal length to 1000mm f/7.1. This teleconverter incorporates an ED element into its design to maintain the high image quality achieved by the lens alone. Additionally, the electromagnetic aperture control is fully supported when the teleconverter is in use.
Compatible with both Nikon FX- and DX-sized image sensors.
- Two fluorite and two ED lens elements help to reduce chromatic aberrations and improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity.
- Nano Crystal Coat minimizes surface and internal reflections and ghosting for greater light transmission and image contrast.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefitting this lens' use in fast-paced and low-light situations.
- Electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control over focus placement and for fine-tuning of focus.
- Magnesium alloy lens barrel construction provides additional durability and rigidity to lens.
- The AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included to effectively increase the lens' focal length to 1000mm f/7.1 (FX format). This teleconverter integrates an ED lens element to maintain the high image quality of the lens itself and the electromagnetic aperture mechanism is fully functional when using the teleconverter.
Comparable DX Focal Length: 1200 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 2°
|Minimum Focus Distance||19.36' (5.9 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.6|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 6.30 x 18.15" (160 x 461 mm)|
|Weight||10.12 lb (4.59 kg)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens
- Snap-On Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- 52mm Clear NC Glass Filter
- Heavy-Duty Case
- Monopod Collar
- AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED
- Replacement Front Mount Cap for Nikkor AF-S Teleconverters
- Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,