Optimized for fast shooting speeds and working in difficult conditions, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR is an impressive telephoto designed for Nikon FX-format DSLRs. The sophisticated optical design incorporates two fluorite and three extra-low dispersion elements to control chromatic aberrations and distortions, as well as lessen the overall weight of the lens. Also contributing to improved image quality, both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied to lens elements to lessen flare and ghosting for improved contrast, clarity, and color fidelity. Protecting the advanced optical design is a front fluorine-coated meniscus glass element that, when paired with the weather-resistant magnesium alloy barrel, supports working in inclement conditions.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
Designed for use with FX image sensors, this lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 750mm equivalent focal length.
- Two fluorite and three ED lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens' use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that is ideal for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to a lighter overall weight, as well as a minimum focusing distance of 11.9'.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine-coated front meniscus glass element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
- A removable monopod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||5°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.9' (3.63 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in: 40.5 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 5.51 x 15.24" (140 x 387 mm)|
|Weight||6.81 lb (3.09 kg)|
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4E FL ED VR Lens
- Slip-On Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- 40.5mm Neutral Color Filter
- Slip-In Filter Holder
- Lens Strap
- Monopod/Tripod Collar
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,