The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens is designed for use with DX-format cameras and will provide a "normal" 52.5mm equivalent focal length. With an f/1.8 maximum aperture it is useful in low-light conditions and it has one aspherical element to help control distortion and aberrations. Also, it utilizes Nikon's Super Integrated Coating to further minimize flare and ghosting in your images.
Packing in a Silent Wave Motor AF system with a rear focusing design, the NIKKOR 35mm is able to lock focus quickly and quietly. Also, it has manual focus override for taking control whenever it is desired, and it can focus as close as 11.8" to your subjects. Additionally, it has a 52mm filter diameter and features a 7-blade diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements.
- The 35mm focal length closely matches a 50mm lens in the FX format. This is perceived to be a natural lens as it provides an undistorted angle of view that is similar to what the unaided human eye perceives.
- The incorporation of an aspherical element minimizes coma and other lens aberrations, further improving image integrity.
- The Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency with reduced flare.
- The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) embedded in the body of the lens enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing.
- A rounded 7-blade diaphragm produces a more natural rendering of out-of-focus image elements.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 55 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
FX in DX Crop Mode
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.81" (30 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6|
|Filter Thread||Front: 52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.76 x 2.07" (70 x 52.5 mm)|
|Weight||7.05 oz (200 g)|
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8 G DX Lens
- Bayonet Lens Hood
- Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,