The AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED Lens from Nikon is an FX-format lens designed for Nikon F-mount cameras. It features a maximum aperture of f/1.8 which allows you to create separation between your subject and the background as well as the ability to capture high quality imagery in low-light conditions. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens provides a 35mm focal length equivalence of 52.5mm.
For maintaining optical quality, this lens has an extra-low dispersion glass element that reduces chromatic aberrations and increases contrast and sharpness as well as an aspherical element that suppresses spherical aberration and distortion. This combines with Super Integrated lens coatings that minimize ghosting and flare, resulting in a clear image across the frame.
The lens utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for fast and quiet autofocus and its rear focusing system eliminates changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enables faster overall focusing. Its minimum focus distance is 9.8".
- A very practical wide-angle prime lens useful for multiple photographic applications. On DX-format DSLRs, its 35mm focal length equivalence is 52.5mm.
- Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate and near-silent autofocus.
- Rear focus system means only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enabling faster focusing.
- Optical construction features 11 elements in 8 groups including one aspherical and one ED lens to reduce aberrations.
- Nikon Super Integrated lens Coating enhances light transmission thus reducing ghosting and flare.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades produce smooth out-of-focus areas.
- Uses 58mm screw-in filters and includes detachable petal-style lens hood.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 52.5 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.8 - 16|
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" (25 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front:58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.83 x 2.81" (72 x 71.5 mm)|
|Weight||10.76 oz (305 g)|
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G ED FX Lens
- Lens Hood
- 58mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,