The AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens from Nikon is an FX format lens that is also compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras. The lens features a broad zoom range from wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and it close-focuses down to 18" at every focal length.
The VR II image stabilization compensates for camera shake providing up to 3.5 shutter speeds stops of shake control to enable handheld shooting in dim light and at telephoto focal lengths. The Silent Wave Motor autofocus system provides smooth and quiet AF action which is particularly helpful when shooting video. For precise focusing the lens provides an M/A focus mode switch which allows the photographer to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes.
The optical construction includes two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements which reduce aberrations to provide sharp, color-accurate images throughout the frame. The lens elements have been treated with Nikon's Super Integrated Coating - an optical lens coating process that maximizes light transmission while enhancing clarity and contrast. A rounded 9-blade aperture helps to create pleasing background highlights.
- Versatile 10.7x FX-format Zoom Lens
- Versatile zoom lens offers a broad focal length range that's perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects.
- Compatible with FX and DX-Format DSLRs
- The DX-format DSLR angle of view is equivalent to a 35mm format focal length of 42-450mm.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction system is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens. It enables handheld shooting at up to 3.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focusing.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other aberrations, even when shooting wide open.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus. It also keeps the front element from rotating, which maintains the position of a polarizer filter or lens hood.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
28 - 300mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on APS-C Format Focal Length: 42 - 450 mm
Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
74° - 8° 10'
DX Picture Angle: 53° - 5° 20'
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.64' (50 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.26 x 4.5" (8.28 x 11.43 cm)|
|Weight||1.76 lb (800 g)|
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR Lens
- LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- HB-64 Bayonet Lens Hood
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-0915 Semi-soft Lens Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,