The AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon delivers crisp, clear and non-distorted images with a versatile set of wide-angle focal lengths. It is a lens often found in the kits of working photojournalists due to its comprehensive wide-angle coverage, relative light weight and durability. On DX format DSLRs it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 24-52.5mm. The optical design features 17 lens elements in 12 groups and includes 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and 3 aspherical elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion and lend high contrast images. Nano Crystal Coating virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths and reduces flare and ghosting.
Fast, accurate and quiet autofocus is accomplished via Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Internal Focus (IF) enables fast autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range. Manual focus override allows for precise control over critical focus even when in AF mode. The VR II image stabilization system reduces the blur caused by camera shake enabling 2.5 shutter speed stops of compensation in dim light. Practically, this means that handheld shooting is possible in almost all situations. The lens also features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm which creates a natural appearance in out-of-focus areas of your images.
This is a refurbished item and comes with a 90-day warranty.
- Definitive Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
- This versatile wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for photojournalism, travel, landscapes, cityscapes, and general photography. On DX format DSLRs it provides the 35mm equivalent focal range of 24-52.5mm.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave
- Nikons exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and near-silent autofocusing.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and precise autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction)
- Updated Vibration Reduction II, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 2.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nano Crystal Coating
- The Nano Crystal lens coating reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch allows quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders a natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
16 - 35mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 24 - 52.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
107° - 63°
DX Picture Angle: 83° - 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.42" (29 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.2 x 4.9" (8.13 x 12.45 cm)|
|Weight||1.50 lb (680 g)|
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm f/4 G ED VR N Lens
- HB-23 Bayonet Lens Hood
- LC-77 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1120 Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,