The AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens from Nikon brings the benefits of vibration reduction (VR) to the domain of Macro photography. This lens will produce images up to a 1:1 (life-size) magnification ratio. Any camera movement at this magnification is also amplified, so image stabilization is critical. This lens offers high-resolution, high-optical performance for both digital and 35mm film format SLR cameras. It is also effective as a straight prime telephoto lens for portraiture and general shooting. The VR system offers a three shutter speed stop equivalence enabling the use of slower shutter speeds while still maintaining image sharpness, even in low light. When used on cameras with an APS-C size sensor, the equivalent focal length is 157.5mm.
The internal focus system means only the internal lens groups move during focus allowing a close working distance and the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus motor is fast and near-silent. Full-time manual focus override enables immediate access to precise manual focus by just turning the large focus ring. The minimum focus distance is just 12". One Extra-low Dispersion glass element controls chromatic aberrations and both Super Integrated and Nano Crystal lens coatings are applied to the elements for enhanced light transmission and reduced ghosting and flare.
- Telephoto prime lens features a macro capability with 1:1 magnification ratio for life-size close-ups.
- An ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration. Nano Crystal Coat drastically reduces flare ensuring finely detailed, clear images.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes image blur caused by camera shake.
- Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate and near-silent auto focus action.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and better body balance
- Built-in M/A switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements appear smoother and more natural.
In the Box
- Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8 G IF-ED VR N Macro Lens
- 62mm Snap-on front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Bayonet hood
- Flexible lens pouch
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,