This Manfrotto 494 Ball Head features an integrated RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate. Compatible quick release plates can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent a compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 494 Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 17.6 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening the head's primary locking knob, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. A recessed dial set within that locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Along the opposite side of the ball head, a secondary locking knob controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-PRO quick release plate, as well as 3/8"-16 threads via an included bushing adapter. The plate is also compatible with separately available tripod heads that feature an Arca-type clamp.
- 494 Ball Head
- 17.6 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated RC2 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control dial for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
- 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC2 quick release cam lock and Arca-type quick release clamps
- Measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4"
- 1/4"-20 mount with support for 3/8"-16 via bushing adapter
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
|2,500 to 4,000W|
|Head Type||Ball Head|
|Base Mount||3/8"-16 Thread|
|Camera Mounting Screw||1/4"-20 Male & 3/8"-16 with Bushing|
|Quick Release Plate Type||Arca-Type, RC2|
|Load Capacity||17.6 lb / 7.98 kg|
|Number of Bubble Level(s)||None|
|Independent Pan Lock||Yes|
|Pan & Tilt Range|
|Lateral Tilt||-90° to +40°|
|Vertical Tilt||-40° to +40°|
|Ball Sphere Diameter||1.26" / 32.0 mm|
|Dimensions||H: 3.9 x W: 1.6" / H: 10.0 x W: 4.0 cm|
|Weight||10.58 oz / 300 g|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,