The 82mm 82mm Pro 1 Digital Neutral Density 64x Filter from Hoya is an ultra thin filter that permits you to shoot and create images that would not ordinarily be possible to capture. This filter effectively reduces your ISO by 1/64 (6 stops).This means that a shot normally taken at 1/500 sec @ f/11 can be shot at f/11 at 1/8th second. Designed with the outdoor shooter in mind, this filter helps reduce the amount of light entering the lens. This translates into the use of wider apertures and, thereby, permits the photographer to have more control over his depth of field. This is especially useful when shooting outdoor portraits when you wish to establish more of a separation between subject and background. The result will be a sharp, clear subject with a soft background. The ultimate value of this filter is its ability to allow you to use high speed ISOs under bright light conditions.
This effect can be used to create even more exciting images such as the "whooshing" effect of a mountain stream or the chaos of city traffic where one car appears to blend into the other. The operative effect is to enhance movement within the shot.
In order to provide the photo industry with a better made filter, Hoya created their multi-coated line of filters. These filters have a minimum of 3-layer coating system (front and back) that minimizes reflections off the filter's glass with the average being about 1-2%. In other words, Hoya states that approximately 98-99% of the light striking the filter will pass through the glass, and depending on the type of filter, into the camera lens and onto the film or digital sensor. During the manufacturing process these layers of anti-reflective coating are bonded to the surface of the glass in a furnace at a temperature of up to 800°F.
The almite filter ring is special manufactured to withstand the effects of corrosion. Hoya prefers to use aluminum filter rings since they believe that aluminum will "give" a bit if your lens accidentally bangs into another object and not, as with brass rings, remain completely rigid and transfer the brunt of the impact to the optic itself. The ring itself is knurled to make it easier to install and remove the filter from your lens - a clever innovation. As an added benefit, the plastic storage case that the filter is packed in has been UV protected. This will help extend the life of the filter.
Hoya optical glass has been around since 1941 and is world recognized for its superiority in the fields of not only photography but advanced optics such as electro-optics, photonics, vision care, health care and crystal products.
- Digital Multi-Coated
- Digital multi-coating greatly reduces the appearance of lens flare and ghosting caused by reflections
- Black Almite Frame
- Filter features a black matte aluminum satin finish almite frame which reduces reflections. The almite frame is manufactured to minimize any corrosion
- Black Rimmed Glass
- This filter is equipped with black rimmed glass to reduce the chance of light reflecting off the edge
- Low Profile Frame
- Ultra thin filter frame to help avoid vignetting on super wide angle lenses are also designed to hold a lens cap
- Knurling Edge Frame
- This filter is equipped with a straight knurling edge for non-slip, easy attachment and removal
- UV Protected Case
- Filter case is UV protected to further lengthen the life of the filter
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed ISOs (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
|Type||Solid Neutral Density|
Frame thickness: 4mm
Glass thickness: 2mm
|Filter Factor||6 stops
Reduces ISO by 1/64
|Multi-Coated||Yes - Hoya Digital Multi-Coating (3 coatings on each surface - front/back)|
|Effect||Permits use of high speed ISOs in bright light
Helps create special effects like "blurs"
|Application||Nature, travel, outdoor photography|
|Color Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Construction||Hoya Optical Glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||82mm|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,