Helping to reduce the intimidation of flash photography, the Speedlite 470EX-AI from Canon is a unique on-camera light featuring Auto Intelligent Bounce technology. This function measures the room you are working in, along with the set focus distance, in order to automatically tilt and rotate the flash head to produce even, diffuse, and clean bounce flash results. This function can be used in full-auto mode, where the flash automatically determines all settings, or in semi-auto mode, where you can set the angle of the flash and it will automatically rotate depending on the specific camera position or orientation in use.
Beyond its distinct automated capabilities, the 470EX-AI is also distinguished by its apt flash specs, including E-TTL/E-TTL II compatibility, a guide number of 154' at ISO 100 and 105mm, a zoom head with coverage from 24-105mm, and a pull-out diffuser to widen this coverage to 14mm. Manual stepless adjustment over bounce is possible with a tilting range up to 120° along with +/- 180° rotation, and off-camera triggering is possible using the optical slave mode.
- By automatically taking measurements of the room in conjunction with the set focus distance, Auto Intelligent Bounce (AI.B) automatically tilts and rotates the flash head in order to bounce the light and produce a diffuse and even quality of light
- AI.B full-auto mode automatically adjusts the flash angle and rotation by measuring the distance to the closest wall or ceiling along with the subject distance. AI.B semi-auto mode allows you to set the bounce angle yourself and then will automatically rotate the flash head as the camera is moved or the shooting orientation is changed
- Guide number of 154' at 105mm and ISO 100
- Flash head offers 0 to 120° of tilt along with +/-180° of rotation for full bounce flash capabilities
- Zoom head range of 24-105mm and a wide panel can be slid into place for coverage up to 14mm
- Exposure compensation of ±3 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 step increments
- Optical receiver mode for off-camera triggering
- LCD panel on rear for viewing and changing settings
- AF assist beam benefits focusing performance in low light
- Accepts four AA batteries as its power source
- Metal locking foot
|Guide No.||154.2' (47 m) ISO100 at 105 mm Position|
|Exposure Control||E-TTL / E-TTL II|
|Angle of Coverage||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Vari-Power||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Bounce Head||0 to +120°|
|Coverage||14 - 105 mm (Full Frame)|
|Distance Range||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Zoom Head||Full Frame: 24 - 105 mm|
|Recycle Time||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Flash Duration||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)|
|Wireless Operation||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Power Source||4x AA Alkaline, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||2.9 x 5.1 x 4.1" / 73.7 x 129.5 x 104.1 mm|
|Weight||13.6 oz / 386 g|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,