The EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens from Canon is a fast prime lens featuring a particularly large maximum aperture for effective low-light and shallow depth of field capability. As a standard focal length lens, it is suitable for most any shooting situation and its lens coating and optical construction are optimized to minimize chromatic aberrations, ghosting and flare. A truly circular diaphragm results in pleasing out-of-focus areas.
An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet autofocus action and manual focus override allows for precise manual focusing even in AF mode. With a tight seal structure and the addition of the optional Canon protect filter, the 50mm f/1.2L lens is moisture and dust proof.
- Large f/1.2 Aperture: A large maximum aperture of f/1.2 provides outstanding speed for shooting in low light conditions, without the need for flash. The large aperture also provides fine control over depth of field.
- Excellent Background Bokeh: A circular aperture helps to create attractive background bokeh; ideal for isolating subjects at large apertures and for compelling portrait photography.
- Fast, Quiet Autofocus: A Ring-type USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive extremely rapid auto focus with near-silent operation. A high-speed CPU and improved AF algorithm contribute further to AF speed. Good holding torque stops the focusing lens group without overshoot. Full time electronic manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
- Super Spectra Coatings: Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting - more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
- Passes Distance Information to E-TTL II: The lens passes distance information back to the E-TTL II flash system of compatible EOS cameras to ensure optimal flash metering.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||46°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.5' (45 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7|
|Filter thread||Front 72mm|
|Dimension (dxl)||approx 3.38 x 2.58’’(85.5 x 65.5mm)|
|Package weight||2.0 lb|
In the Box
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens
- 72mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- ES-78 Lens Hood
- Lens Case LP1214
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,