The Smart Videohub 40 x 40 12G-SDI from Blackmagic Design is a mixed format router with 40 12G-SDI inputs and 40 12G-SDI outputs for routing any combination of SD, HD, Ultra HD 4K, and DCI 4K video. It supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 color sampling and 10-bit processing for smoother gradations. Housed in a 2RU frame, the Smart Videohub ideal for use in both large broadcast systems or portable mini racks for live productions. A built-in LCD lets view your sources directly on the router itself, with simple push buttons and spin knob provided for control. Routing can also be controlled using dedicated remote panels or over Ethernet using the included software for Mac OS X and Windows. You can even use the available iPad app to change routing over your wireless network.
Note: IEC power cables is not included.
- 40x 6G-SDI inputs / 40x 12G-SDI outputs
- Auto-detects between SD, HD, Ultra HD 4K, and DCI 4K and instantly switches standards
- Built-in SDI reclocking on every SDI input
- Supports 8-bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 signals
- 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 color sampling with 10-bit processing
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 60p
- Supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 60p
- HD Video Resolutions up to 1080p60
- Supports 16 channels of embedded audio on each SDI signal
- Reference input compatible with black burst and tri-sync
- Built-in video monitoring and spin knob control
- Push buttons on front panel
- On-screen labels support Unicode so they work in non-Roman character sets such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, French, Spanish, and more
- Videohub control software included for control over Ethernet
- Ethernet control allows direct connection to the computer network and is compatible with Videohub Smart Control and Videohub Master Control panels
- Apple iPad control panel app available
- Create your own custom router control with free software developer kit
- Machined aluminum 2RU chassis
- Redundant power supplies
- IEC power cables required
|SDI Video Input||40 x 10-bit SD/HD/6G/12-SDI|
|SDI Video Output||40 x 10-bit SD/HD/6G/12-SDI|
|Reference Input||Blackburst and TriSync for SD, HD and UHD 4K|
|Multi-Rate Support||Auto detection of SD, HD, 6G or 12G-SDI. Simultaneous routing of 4K, HD, SD video and DVB-ASI|
|Updates||USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mb/s) interface or via Ethernet|
|Control||40 buttons for local control of Videohub
6 buttons and scroll wheel for control of LCD display
1 x RJ45 Ethernet
1 x RS-422 input for controlling router crosspoint switching
Via front panel LCD or use either RJ45 Ethernet
USB 2.0 for setting IP address only
|Reclocking||On all SDI outputs, auto switching between SD, HD, 6G or 12G-SDI video|
SD Format Support
HD Format Support
2K Format Support
4K Format Support
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE 425M Level B, SMPTE 425M Level A, ITU-R BT.656, and ITU-R BT.601|
|SDI Video Rates||
SD-SDI: 270 Mb/s
HD-SDI: 1.5 Gb/s
3G-SDI: 3 Gb/s
6G-SDI: 6 Gb/s
12G-SDI: 12 Gb/s
|SDI Video Sampling||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|SDI Color Precision||4:2:2 and 4:4:4 10-bit|
|SDI Audio Sampling||48 kHz and 24-bit|
|SDI Color Space||YUV or RGB|
|HDCP Compatible||Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M|
|Software Control||Router control included free for Windows and Mac OS X|
|Internal Software Upgrade||Via included updater application|
|Display||5" (12.7 cm) LCD for video and menu settings|
|Power Supply||IEC power cables required
2 x 90 to 240 VAC input (for redundancy)
|Power Fail Protection||Router connections preserved and restored instantly at power on|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Rack Space||2 RU|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||18.97 x 3.46 x 6.29" (48.18 x 8.79 x 15.98 cm)|
|Weight||9.92 lb (4.5 kg)|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,