With its continued excellence in advanced broadcast conversion capabilities, Blackmagic introduces its Mini Converter Optical Fiber. Designed and built with both video broadcasters and studio facility insatllation pundits in mind, this high-quality, cost effective conversion box offers bi-directional SDI to optical fiber conversion capabilities; and each direction can be completely independent of each other. It's capable of switching between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI video formats; and with optical fiber input/output LC type connections at a 10-bit rate, enjoy long cable runs up to 147,000 ft (44,805 m) in SD, and up to 82,000 ft (24,993 m) at 3Gb/s SDI. Moreover, 3Gb/s SDI technology is fully compatible with all your studio and field SD and HD SDI equipment.
Due to its identical bit-stream as conventional SDI, the Mini Converter's optical conversion provides future proof data speed protection; upgrades can be loaded via its built-in high speed USB 2.0 connection. The advantage of converting SDI to optical fiber is when SDI data speeds increase in the future, you will ensure the longevity of the optical fiber cable install as existing cables will easily handle much higher SDI data speeds.
- Future Proof Data Speed Protection: The Mini Converter Optical Fiber box eliminates the need of replacing SDI cables in your studio or facility every time a new higher-quality video standard is introduced, which will require higher data speeds - converting SDI to optical fiber ensures longer cabling distances without sacrificing quality. In addition, this box uses a SMPTE standard 1310nm optical fiber laser driver while utilizing standard LC type connectors.
- Optical Fiber Conversion Advantages: Optical fiber SDI easily switches between SD, HD and 2K, as it has an identical bit-stream to conventional SDI.
- High-Speed USB 2.0 Port: This box offers a USB 2.0 port for future software upgrades via Mac OS X and Windows.
- Universal Power Supply: Included is a universal power supply with international plug adapters for international usage.
- Added Protection: The Blackmagic mini converter features a cable tie point that secures the power supply connection, thus preventing an accidental power disruption.
|Supports||Optical Fiber, SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI
Only single-mode LC type fiber optic cables are recommended for all fiber optic connections below
|SDI Format Support||525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M for Optical Fiber SDI|
|Analog Format Support||525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60|
SDI (BNC/switchable between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI): x1
Optical Fiber (switchable): x1 LC
|Output||SDI (BNC/switchable between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI): x1
Optical Fiber (switchable): x1 LC
|Other||USB 2.0 x1|
|Audio||8-Channel Embedded (Optical Fiber LC)|
|Power||12VDC (supplied power supply)|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||3.8 x 3.6 x 0.8" (96.5 x 91.4 x 20.3mm)|
|Shipping Weight||6.6 lbs (3kg)|
|Package Weight||1.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.7 x 5.4 x 2.6"|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,