OverviewBlackmagic Design's HyperDeck Studio Mini is a portable broadcast quality record/playback deck that can also be rackmounted. It features a 6G-SDI input that allows capturing video up to 2160p30, and it incorporates one HDMI and two 6G-SDI outputs. It records to two SD card slots, which enable virtually endless recordings. The HyperDeck Studio Mini is housed in a 1RU rackmountable unit but is approximately 1/3 of a rack wide. It features a front panel button control and a jog/shuttle wheel for an analog scrubbing feel. RS-422 control is supported for external control. You can also control the unit using either the USB port or over Ethernet via the RJ-45 connector. An integrated LCD on the front panel allows you to monitor the video. UHD 4K Recording and Playback: The HyperDeck Studio Mini records UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps. It also features 720p and 1080p 4:4:4:4 file support with fill and key outputs.
- Video Inputs: It supports SD, HD, 3G, and 6G signals over SDI.
- Supported Codecs: Apple ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime, ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
- VTR Style Controls: Featuring VTR style front panel controls for record and playback, while a built-in jog/shuttle wheel provides analog style control over your playback.
- Remote: The unit is controllable via RS-422 control and over the Ethernet or USB port.
- Built-In LCD Monitor: The unit's front panel also features a built-in LCD screen that allows you to monitor input or playback video.
- Included Software: The HyperDeck Studio Mini includes Media Express, Disk Speed test, Blackmagic System Preferences, and Blackmagic driver software (Mac only).
|Video Input||6G-SDI: 1 x BNC|
6G-SDI: 2 x BNC
HDMI: 1 x HDMI (type A)
|Audio Input||None (embedded audio only 16 channel)|
|Audio Output||None (embedded audio only 16 channels SDI, 8 channels HDMI)|
In: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
Out: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
Input Connector: 1 x BNC
Output Connector: 1 x BNC
|Device Control||1 x RS-422 deck control port on DB9 female|
|Ethernet||1 x RJ-45 for remote operation|
|Computer Interface||1 x USB-C connector for software updates and HyperDeck Utility software control|
2 x SD slots for SD, HD and UHD recording
Media Type: UHS II and able to support ProRes 4444 playback and 422 recording
3840 x 2160p: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98
1920 x 1080p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98
1920 x 1080i: 60/59.94/50
1280 x 720p: 60/59.94/50
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M/292M/296M/425M|
|SDI Metadata Support||HD RP188 and closed captioning|
|Color Space||REC 601, REC 709|
|Audio Sampling||Television standard 48 kHz, 24-bit|
Apple ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime
ProRes 422 QuickTime
ProRes 422 LT QuickTime
ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime
OS X 10.1 (El Capitan) or later
Windows: 8.1/10 64-bit
|Power Supply||100 to 240 VAC|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 122°F / 5 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||5.51 x 1.75 x 6.69" / 48.3 x 4.4 x 17 cm|
|Weight||1.28 lb / 0.58 kg|
In the BoxBlackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio Mini
- Software CD
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,