The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder is a PCIe slot capture card with both SDI and HDMI inputs for capturing uncompressed 10-bit video from a camera directly into your computer.
- 1-Lane PCIe Slot Capture Card
- SDI and HDMI Inputs
- Inputs Uncompressed 10-Bit Video
- 4:2:2 Video Sampling
- 16 Ch Audio Embedded in HD SDI
- 8 Ch Audio Embedded in SD SDI
- 8 Ch Audio Embedded in SD and HD HDMI
- OS X, Windows and Linux Compatible
The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder is a PCIe slot capture card with both SDI and HDMI inputs for capturing uncompressed 10-bit video from a camera directly into your computer. You'll be able to ingest footage as the camera's recording live or from a playback of the camera's recording. The inputs are active, so once you plug a cable into them, they'll begin functioning. This card automatically switches between SD and HD, so it'll be able to handle all common video formats. The point of ingesting through a capture card is to bypass unnecessary compressions and hence data loss. The card performs just one compression, upon delivery to your computer, where your footage gets encoded into an edit-ready codec of your choice.
- SDI 10-bit SD/HD switchable video with 16 ch HD / 8 ch SD embedded audio
- HDMI type A video with 8 ch audio embedded in SD and HD
- 1-Lane PCI Express Card
- The Mini Monitor is a 1-lane PCI Express card and is compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows 8 and Linux. The only Mac capable of accepting the card is a Mac Pro as other Macs can't be opened to enable installation. The card features two PCIe shields for both full height and low profile slots.
- Codecs Supported
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
1x SDI input:
Inputs 10-bit SD/HD switchable video and 16 ch audio embedded in HD and 8 ch in SD
1x HDMI type A input:
Inputs video and 8 ch audio embedded in SD and HD
|Computer Interface||1x PCI Express 1 lane, compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots|
|Codecs Supported||AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2|
|Software Supported||Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro Tools, Cubase, Autodesk Smoke, Adobe Photoshop, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in, Tools On Air live:cut, Tools On Air just:play, Tools On Air just:live, Softron OnTheAir MovieRecorder, Softron OnTheAir CG, Steinberg Nuendo, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro, Vidcaster Studio, Vidcaster Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Steinberg Nuendo, Flash Media Encoder, Xsplit Broadcaster, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Harris Infocaster|
|SD Format Support||625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC|
|HD Format Support||720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94 and 1080i60|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M and 292M|
|SDI Metadata Support||VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188 and closed captioning.|
|Audio Sampling||Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit|
|Color Space||REC 601, REC 709|
|HDMI Configuration||HDMI automatically configures to connected display|
|HDMI Resolution||Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device|
|HDMI Color Precision||10-bit|
|Multiple Rate Support||DI and HDMI are switchable between SD and HD|
|Copy Protection||HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.|
|Colorspace Conversion||Hardware based real time|
|HD Up Conversion||Software based up conversion during video playback|
|Real Time Effects||
Apple Final Cut Pro internal effects
Adobe Premiere Pro Mercury Playback Engine effects
Avid Media Composer 6 internal effects
|Operating System Requirements||
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 or Windows 8
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (5 to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90% non-condensing|
In the Box
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder
Software CD Consists of:
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey and Blackmagic System Preferences and Driver for Mac
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Control Panel and Driver for Windows 7 or 8
- Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel and Driver for Linux
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Film Services is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Film Services in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Film Services - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,